January 2005 - Announcements Page
- A new hunting area has been created specifically for high-level characters that do not use offensive Life Magic.
- New weapons with higher wield requirements have been added to the treasure system
- The higher wield-req melee weapons will simply do more damage than existing weapons. These include melee weapons with a 350 wield requirement.
- The missile weapons and magic casters will gain a damage bonus based off a specific elemental type. For example, a 290 or 310 wield-req caster might receive a damage bonus to all fire-based War spells. These include Missile weapons with a 315 wield requirement and Magic casters with 290 and 310 War Magic wield requirements. For all other spells, it would act the same as a standard caster.
- Free items gifted to players to celebrate the new year.
- Happy New Year! Sometime this month, make sure that you have two empty pack slots in your backpack and then go talk to Holiday Planner Rayeesh in Holtburg!
- Aludi al-Jaladh
- Carlo di Cenza - 10.8N, 58.2E in Rithwic
- Cyphis Suldow
- Rayeesh the Holiday Planner - 42.2N, 33.7E in the Holtburg tavern
- Agent of the Arcanum now accept more items in return for Writs (see Agent of Arcanum List)
- Blind Snowman moved to 46.7N, 48.9E (see Strange Mountain Echoes)
- Healers - Healers in Holtburg, Shoushi and Yaraq can now cast attribute buffs up to level 4 on characters.
- 73.0N, 6.6W - Banderling Village
- Banderling Shrine
- Defiled Temple Lower Wing
- Defiled Temple Middle Wing
- Defiled Temple Upper Wing
- Defiled Temple Asylum
- Withered Atoll
- Northern Power Forge - Upper level restriction removed, now 40+ (was 40-69)
- Southern Power Forge - Upper level restriction removed, now 70+ (was 70-99)
- Banderling Ancient Spirit
- Banderling Chanter
- Banderling Spirit Dancer
- Banderling Spirit Seeker
- Withered Banderling Hierophant
- Withered Banderling Paragon
- Drudge Aviator (Creature)
- Drudge Ballast
- Drudge Laborer
- Drudge Toiler
- Withered Drudge Seraph
- Withered Drudge Seraph Mystic
- Shadow Annihilator (Level 100)
- Shadow Annihilator (Level 115)
- Shadow Annihilator (Level 135)
- Shadow Annihilator (Level 160)
- Withered Raider Justicar
- Withered Raider Prefect
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "The Royal Vaults have been attacked! Royal Guard Tirenia is looking for help! Go! Go now!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Mmmm, nothing like some traditional black-eyed peas to celebrate a new year!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Go to Holtburg! Royal Guard Tirenia needs help!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Queen doesn't much like these Crafting Forges, from what I hear. She spoke with her Lugian allies, and they have never heard of Kerrak, Amaroth, or Urleg. I fear what evil we might have unleashed here. But at the same time, I do enjoy the improved salvaging!"
- Town Crier tells you, "A blue-skin! In Rithwic! I thought we fled those animals years ago!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My friends in the Dereth Exploration Society tell me they just found a new cult full of some fairly noxious creatures. I'd tread lightly out West, if I were you."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Town Crier community is all abuzz. We haven't seen a blue-skin since we left Ispar! Where did he come from?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I love fireworks, but be careful when you set them off! You could lose an eye... or worse!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Who is this Einrik Gaul character? And what gives him the right to lead, I ask you?"
- Town Crier tells you, "My patron just told me she can hook a whole slew of new portal artifacts to her mansion. Is Nuhmudira back on the Queen's payroll?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Drudges out West must have gained access to some Intelligence-boosting magic. I had no idea they were capable of such mechanical feats."
- Town Crier tells you, "In an effort to drum up business, the healers in Shoushi, Yaraq and Holtburg are now offering attribute enhancement spells up to level four!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Agents of the Arcanum have expanded the list of items they will accept in exchange for Housing Writs. I hear the list is so long now, they're handing out the list on paper. I guess their lips were getting chapped!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I'd be wary of Cyphis Suldow if I were you. Seems like a shady character to me."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear the healers in Shoushi, Yaraq and Holtburg are offering new services."
- Town Crier tells you, "Looks like I'm going to have improve my sword-fighting abilities. I just found a great new sword when I went hunting the other day, but I don't think I'm quite skilled enough yet to use it."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard from one of the guards that a Drudge broke into Elysa's study, but they weren't too concerned."
- Town Crier tells you, "A friend of mine saw this huge, ugly thing floating above Ayan the other day. He said he heard it meow, if you want to believe that."
- Town Crier tells you, "Cyphis Suldow is recruiting adventurers to clear out a camp of Banderlings so he can build a resort. Can you think of anything more despicable?"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin was out hunting Drudges the other day. He said he saw a group circled around one Drudge who was holding a parchment. He swears they were actually giggling!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
No new messages this month.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.