January 2007 - Announcements Page
- Players can now access the alien world of Bur.
- Falatacot Medallion
- Tanada Hunting Parties
- Bur Portal Summoning
- Bur Mushroom Collection
- Killing Bosh Bosh
- Guruk Basher Kill Task
- Guruk Colossus Kill Task
- Guruk Fiend Kill Task
- Guruk Marauder Kill Task
- Guruk Monstrosity Kill Task
- Guruk Smasher Kill Task
- Shadow Statues
- Hoshino Kei
- Prince Borelean Strathelar
- Bur NPCs
- Eastern Pedestal Dungeon
- Northern Pedestal Dungeon
- Western Pedestal Dungeon
- Portal to Bur
- Initiate of the Blade
- Ruuk Ally
- Basher Slasher
- Bosh Bosh Kibosh
- Dead Eye for the Colossi
- Fiendish Huntsman
- Ranger Ruuk
- Monster Killer
- Guruk Hunter
- Mushroom Collector
- Fungal Farmer
- Mushroom Man
- Mushroom King
- Portal Ritualist (Event)
- Seeker of Torgluuk (Event)
- Seeker of Asheron (Event)
- Bosh Bosh
- Guruk Basher
- Guruk Fiend
- Guruk Marauder
- Guruk Plunderer
- Guruk Spore Leech
- Guruk Spore Seeker
- Guruk Monstrosity
- Abbess Kivit
- Abbess Tir'Livik
- Falatacot Blood Elder
- Falatacot Prison Warden
- Falatacot Blood Prophetess
- Matriarch Mirta'kir
- Matriarch Vik'Liri Di
- Tormented Servant
- Town Crier Rumors
Viamontian Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "A new world? Sounds like an opportunity for us to extend the borders of the realm of Greater Viamont."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard strange reports of 'Shadows' erecting statuary in a place called the 'Valley of Death'..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I'd like to see a special battle between King Varicci and that old matron Elysa. I bet she wouldn't last three minutes in the arena with him. Hrm... A battle arena... There's an idea..."
- Town Crier tells you, "What of you, Bloodless dog? Do you intend to go sniffing after that bumbling wizard on whatever distant realm he's managed to get himself stuck?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard reports of Bloodless assassins roaming through the snowy mountains. I wonder if they're hunting for something."
- Town Crier tells you, "We must be prepared for a potential threat from the frog-creatures called the Burun."
- Town Crier tells you, "After some deliberation, King Varicci has decided to humor the Bloodless wench and her yapping dog son and not bar Viamontian citizens from participating in opening a portal to Bur."
- Town Crier tells you, "There have been several reports of Bloodless assassins moving in small hunting parties through the Northern and Southern Osteth Mountains."
- Town Crier tells you, "There have been several reports of magical, shadowy statues to a 'Hopeslayer' being found in the Valley of Death. Reports indicate that the statues are being defended if touched, so be warned if you go to investigate this."
- Town Crier tells you, "So it's true. The fool Asheron went to Bur to help some ridiculous frog-things. And now the Bloodless queen intends to rip open a portal to Bur and send help to find him. I have to think that even with the present truce between King Varicci and their weakling Queen, the Bloodless will end up destroying themselves without our assistance."
- Town Crier tells you, "Ah, Bloodless dog, if your Queen does manage to open a path to Bur, you may want to wait until brave and powerful Viamontians have pacified the dangerous realm for you. We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself searching for the fool Asheron."
- Town Crier tells you, "Should the Bloodless succeed in opening a path to that world of Bur, it would behoove us to send loyal and brave Viamontians there to claim the land while the Bloodless are busily chasing the fool Asheron."
- Town Crier tells you, "King Varicci is amused that the Bloodless have lost their magical orbs. Help the Bloodless if you wish - it does not impact Viamont either way."
- Town Crier tells you, "His Majesty King Varicci II deems it wise to make sure all of Viamont's loyal warriors are equipped with Burun-slaying weapons. I have heard that 'Regal' weapons bear this property. The Bloodless Guard Audrey in Arwic may have some information on that..."
Mainland Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about some kind of portal to Bur being opened? I didn't know such a thing was possible!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors of shadowy statues to Bael'Zharon seen in the Valley of Death."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors that more Nanjou Shou-Jen have been seen in the mountains."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye, hear ye! All fighting men and women of brave spirit are asked by Queen Elysa to assist her son, Prince Borelean, in opening a portal to Bur! Interested parties should go to Cragstone when the summons is sounded!"
- Town Crier tells you, "So... Should we be gearing up to fight Burun now? Or are the Burun our allies?"
- Town Crier tells you, "It's so cold out."
- Town Crier tells you, "I sure could use a tropical getaway..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Whatever awaits on Bur, it might be a good idea to stock up on Burun-slaying weapons like the Regal Weapons. Haven't got a Regal Weapon yet? Speak to Guard Audrey in Arwic then."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye, hear ye! Some orbs being prepared for Prince Borelean's portal summoning ritual have been stolen by Falatacot. If you wish to help, please go to the portal summoning site in northern Osteth and inquire with Hoshino Kei."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard that Queen Elysa and Ben Ten herself are involved in this effort to free Asheron from Bur. No doubt, when they find out a way to get to Bur, they will need brave adventurers to go there..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Nanjou Shou-Jen have been seen in the high mountains of Northern and Southern Osteth. I wonder what they're out there for."
- Town Crier tells you, "Can you imagine what it would be like on Bur? I bet there will be all sorts of interesting things to see and do on Bur... I wish I could go! Even if it is certain peril!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard from several people that they've encountered shadowy statues of Bael'Zharon in the Valley of Death. From what I was told, when touched, several defenders came out to protect the statue."
- Ulgrim Rumors
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Whoa, oh no, there's Tanada over here, whoa, oh no, there's Tanada over there!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "They asked me to help with the portal summoning ritual. I said I'd help, too... Who wouldn't want to?"
- Ulgrim pauses sadly.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Then they told me they were summoning a portal to the world of Bur, not the world of Beer..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Who keeps stealing my Bael'Zharon Lawn Gnomes and sticking them in the Valley of Death?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You won't catch me on Bur, no way. I've heard what it's like there and all that swampy air is terrible for my delicate skin."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So they've almost figured out what happened to Asheron, eh? That's good. Ben Ten was getting really anxious. See, Asheron owed her a lot of money. They had some kind of bet on how many pickled Olthoi eggs Asheron could eat, and he hurled after the second one."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I could sure use a mug of stout, kid. I'll need it to get through the dark days ahead. No, I'm not talking about winter, or the Tanada, or whatever the heck is going on with Asheron. I'm talking about an enemy that the people of this town know well..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've got a great new weapon. It's a club. Or a tree trunk. Or maybe it's both. Either way, it looks pretty snazzy hanging in my living room, but I'm not going to tell you where I got it. You'll see, soon enough."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear tell Prince Borelean is fixing to do some kind of mighty ritual. Borelean? The teenage prince? Come on, now. When I was his age I couldn't concentrate on one thing long enough to finish a mug of beer. This is going to end in crying, I can tell."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yes, it seems that the Nanjou Shou-Jen are prowling about in the mountains some more. I don't like the idea of faceless assassins. I once knocked a ninja out and went through his pockets to see if he had some identification. Turns out he was actually a traveling knife salesman with some wrongheaded ideas about aggressive marketing."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Tell I've been saying it for years, but no one ever listens to old drunk Ulgrim, even though I'm right every time. The most perilous thing that we face, in this realm packed full of peril, is not Shadows or the Tanada or Varicci or whatever the heck it is that stole Asheron's underpants. No, the real enemy can be found right here in this town. Beware, beware, their flashing blades, their cloaks of air!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Did you ever stop to think about what it is that drives me to drink? It's thirsty work, being a prophet that no one listens to!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've heard about the statues of Bael'Zharon showing up in the Valley of Death. Come on, now, people. Worshipping Bael'Zharon is so five years ago. These days, the hip and chic evil to sacrifice your soul to is Ulgrim'Zharon, the Stout Slayer. I hear he accepts stout in lieu of souls, though."
- Ulgrim sniffs you suspiciously, then seems to relax.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ah, okay, you're fine. No evil smells on you. Either you've refrained from blood sacrifice, or you've found a really premium brand of deodorant."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ah, the unfamiliar sight of the bottom of my mug. You know, the last time I saw the bottom of my mug, it was when I was in the tavern at Arwic and I overheard that crook Ketnan plotting something with one of his assistants, a little weasel of a man named Dobblar. Watch out for Dobblar. He'd cut your throat if he thought there was a clipped Pyreal in it for him. I don't know why I told you about such a trivial thing, but I am sure it will be suspiciously meaningful later."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Tell I have one word for you, my friend, and it is going to change your life, so listen closely."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Mushrooms."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh sure, Hoshino Kei might tell you that she's preparing those pillars for some kind of mighty ritual, but I'll tell you what those pillars are really for
- they are going to become the world's largest beer still. Just you watch. Stout will pour from the heavens when that ritual goes off."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.