|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Starts With:||Huntsman of Silyun|
|Starts At:||86.9N, 70.0W in Silyun|
|Contracts:||Contract for Chasing Oswald|
- The Huntsman of Silyun will ask you to bring him a , or before he will let you help him.
- The recommended jaw is the Abhorrent Eater Jaw since it's the easiest to retrieve, from the Abhorrent Vault at 88.5N, 50.3W.
Walkthrough & Notes
Part 1: Lugian Ice Tunnels
- After you have handed the jaw to the huntsman, he will send you to the Lugian Ice Tunnels at 93.3N, 50.1W.
- From the drop in Lugian Ice Tunnels, stick right until you come to a squarish room with tunnels leading off to the north and to the south.
- Go south and you'll come to a large room that has a corpse in an alcove on the south wall. Loot the off the Corpse and return it to the Huntsman of Silyun (If you took the Plains of Ruin portal use portal recall and take the Silyun portal at 90,6N 51.0W - right infront of you).
Part 2: Ruschk Icehold
- Again, take the Plains of Ruin portal at 87.7N 69.7W in Silyun and run south to Ruschk Icehold at 87.3N 51.8W. (You can also take the surface portal in 90 Eaters if you know someone with that tie.)
- Stick left from the drop and in the last large room there is another corpse in an alcove on the south wall. Loot from the corpse and return it to the Huntsman of Silyun (If you took the Plains of Ruin portal use portal recall and take the Silyun portal at 90,6N 51.0W - right infront of you).
Part 3: Viamontian Royal Prison
- Go to Eastwatch through Town Network, (Annex, last portal on the left side) then run north to the Viamontian Royal Prison at 92.0N 41.6W.
- From the drop stick to the middle until you come to a room with an acid pit in the middle, go north to a small room where you'll go east, continue east until you come to a large L shaped room, there's a small hallway leading up in the middle of the room where you'll find a lever that opens a door on the far east side of the room. Use the lever and go through the door and continue east until you come to a T intersection, go north to a green room, there's two hidden walls here. Use the hidden wall on the east wall near the NE corner of the room.
- Past several doors is the Royal Prison Warden who drops the and . Use the key to open the Prison Warden's Chest that contains the and .
- Optional: Near the chest is a lever that opens the door to the prison cell to the north across the large acid pit. Use the lever then from the top level jump across to the platform before the cell door. On the Prison Guard's Corpse in the cell is a .
- Return to Silyun and give Huntsman of Silyun first Oswald's Prison Journal, then give him the Seven Habits of Effective Adventurers, he will then award your bonus Skill Credit. (Note there's no explicit message regarding the credit, your credits just go up by one when you hand the 2nd book).
Dungeons & Maps
|Lugian Ice Tunnels||93.3N, 50.1W||--||001C|
|Ruschk Icehold||87.3N, 51.8W||--||001D|
|Viamontian Royal Prison||92.0N, 41.6W||--||001E|
- One additional Skill Credit.
- Opening Dialog
- Huntsman of Silyun tells you, "You are new to Silyun, are you? If you are a skilled hunter, you may be of some use for me, in helping me track the most dangerous quarry of all: the assassin, Oswald! Of course, first you must prove your skill. Bring me the jaw of an Abhorrent, Ravenous, or Insatiable Eater, and we will talk of how you may help me."
- Handing in Abhorrent Eater Jaw
- You give Huntsman of Silyun Abhorrent Eater Jaw.
- Huntsman of Silyun tells you, "So, you are indeed a mighty hunter of beasts. How are you as a hunter of men? I have been tracking the infamous assassin, Oswald, for some time. By last report, he traveled into a series of tunnels belonging to those grey giants, the Lugians. Please journey into the Lugian Ice Tunnels, located at 93.3N, 50.1W , and bring back any evidence of Oswald's whereabouts."
- Handing in Note to Alvirre
- You give Huntsman of Silyun Note to Alvirre.
- Huntsman of Silyun tells you, "This is what you found in the Lugian Ice Tunnels? Most curious. It seems that Oswald has taken an interest in the Ruschk, for some reason. I believe the location to which he refers is the Ruschk Icehold. You can find it at 87.3N, 51.8W. Please go there and continue the investigation."
- Handing in Varette's Orders
- You give Huntsman of Silyun Varette's Orders.
- Huntsman of Silyun tells you, "And this is the evidence of Oswald that you found in the Ruschk Icehold? Interesting, indeed. So Varicci seeks the assassin for his own purposes. If the King's soldiers have captured Oswald, then they would have taken him to the Royal Prison. That grim dungeon is located at 92.0N, 41.6W. Please go there and see if Oswald is, indeed, in captivity."
- Handing in Oswald's Prison Journal
- You give Huntsman of Silyun Oswald's Prison Journal.
- Huntsman of Silyun tells you, "Ah, a very interesting look into the mind of this most troublesome killer. This gives me much to think about. Consider your service ended. I thank you for your assistance..."
- Huntsman of Silyun tells you, "Oswald's journal makes note of a skill manual he wrote, in Tracker's Script. That is a secret language known only by the most accomplished hunters and trackers of Ispar. If you find that skill manual, I could translate it for you and train you to be more skillful."
- Handing in Seven Habits of Effective Adventurers
- You give Huntsman of Silyun Seven Habits of Effective Adventurers.
- Huntsman of Silyun tells you, "This is the skill manual that Oswald wrote about in his journal. It is written in a most curious cipher. This is in Tracker's Script, which was a coded language used among the most accomplished hunters of Ispar. That is a very interesting clue to Oswald's background. Let me decipher it for you..."
- Speaking to the Huntsman of Silyun after completing the quest
- Huntsman of Silyun tells you, "Excuse me? I believe we have already done our business. You have chased Oswald as far as he could be chased, and I have trained you in skill to reward your efforts. Please ask no more of me."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.