|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Clutch of Kings (Broodu)|
|Contracts:||Contract for Clutch of Kings: Broodu|
- This is the third of six quests in the Clutch of Kings, or Burun Kings, series of quests.
- It is broken up into four parts; a dungeon, a puzzle, another dungeon, and finally the boss, Broodu.
- The trophy is acquired from the ground after killing the boss.
- It is then taken to Cragstone, and given to Guard Hamdyn for your reward(s); or can be saved for the Clutch of Kings series.
- You will be facing Burun Ruuks and Burun Guruks in both dungeons and with the boss. All the monsters are commonly weak to frost and additionally a Critical Strike weapon will be needed for the boss fight.
Part 1: Depth's of Liazk Itzi's Temple
- From Xarabydun, run to the temple at 40.8S, 11.9E and speak to the Watcher of the Dead to be portaled into the Depth's of Liazk Itzi's Temple.
- From the drop, jump down and take the North exit. From here, hug the wall left for the rest of the dungeon, with the only obstacle being a lever activated door in the first large room:
- In the first large room you come to, open the Southeast door by entering the room on the East wall and pulling the lever inside. The entrance to the East room is activated by floor plates on either side of the door.
- When you reach the end of the dungeon, use the Portal Gateway to be sent to the Secrets of Liazk Itzi's Temple.
Part 2: Secrets of Liazk Itzi's Temple
- From the drop, pull one of the 3 levers in front of you, which will determine the following sequence of levers you will pull:
- If you succeed, you'll be portaled in front of an exit portal which leads to Liazk Itzi's Temple, take it.
- Note: If you fail, you'll be portaled to the beginning, where you'll have to start over again.
Part 3: Liazk Itzi's Temple
- From the drop, head East and hug the left wall all the way to the end, there are no levers are misdirections in here.
- At the end, you'll find a hallway on the West wall, which leads to a Portal Gateway. The device leads to Broodu, the boss.
- Before using the device, there are several things to know before going into the fight with Broodu, review these tactics:
- Do not debuff him, he counters most debuffs.
- Disband your fellowship before going into battle. Broodu casts Fellowship Debuffs, so you lessen the chance to be debuffed when not in a fellowship.
- If you are swallowed (portaled into Broodu's stomach), quickly switch to a Critical Strike weapon, and attack his Stomach Wall on full speed. You have only have a percent chance of escaping his stomach when you land a critical hit.
- Tip: If you're a mage, use wall spells for a greater chance to critical hit.
- Once everyone is ready, use the Portal Gateway to be porataled into the Center of Liazk Itzi's Temple (hot drop).
Part 4: Center of Liazk Itzi's Temple
- When you portal in, you'll immediately be attacked by Burun, and Broodu is just to the North.
- Kill Broodu using frost weapons/bows and Tusker Fists or Frost Wall.
- Note: Do not debuff Broodu, he will counter. See above for tactics.
- Once you kill Broodu, loot Broodu's Hide from the floor.
- Head to Cragstone, and speak to Guard Hamdyn at 25.7N, 48.8E for your XP, Mana Forge Key (125+), and random reward.
- Optional: Hand Broodu's Hide to Guard Hamdyn for the title of Broodu Killer.
- Note: Hold on to the hide if you are trying to obtain the Kingslayer title. See the Clutch of Kings for more information.
|Depth's of Liazk Itzi's Temple||40.8S, 11.9E||--||00FE|
|Secrets of Liazk Itzi's Temple||From Depth's of Liazk Itzi's Temple||--||0160|
|Liazk Itzi's Temple||From Secrets of Liazk Itzi's Temple||--||02D9|
|Center of Liazk Itzi's Temple||From Liazk Itzi's Temple||--||00F8|
|Defeat Broodu and speak to Guard Hamdyn|
|Experience:||56,184,660 (33% up to level 130)|
One of the following random rewards:
|Give Broodu's Hide to Guard Hamdyn|
|Experience:||50,000,000 (??% up to level ??)|
- Watcher of the Dead
- Watcher of the Dead tells you, "My purpose is plain, I watch the dead that reside within the halls of this temple. I have stood this vigil since my sacrifice over thirty thousand years ago, when the world cooled and the darkness made war upon all. The weight of time has long crushed my bones to dust and left with me with this incorporeal form. Yet, I serve my purpose with the same vigor that I did in life."
- Watcher of the Dead tells you, "The delta is long covered in the harsh and dry sands. If the taint unleashed from the world long hidden by the portals within these halls has claim all will be fertile to point of death. Life will grow unchecked and there will be a choking that suffocates the core of this world and all who live on it.
- Watcher of the Dead tells you, "Enter these halls and purge this taint. Then shall we rest, then shall we find peace."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.