|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Focusing Stone Quest|
|Starts With:||Le-Ai Rea|
|Starts At:||Mayoi to Xinh portal at 60.8S, 80.4E.|
- You must obtain a Skull of High Acolyte from the Skull of High Acolyte Quest before you can obtain the keys to the mines.
- This quest requires someone with Lockpick to pull two levers.
- One person with Lockpick can accomplish Part 2. The rest of the fellowship can continue on to Part 3 while keeping the doors open for the lever puller.
Walkthrough & Notes
Part 1: Obtaining Keys to the Mines
- Find Le-Ai Rea at 75.9S 57.3E and hand him the . He will return a and .
- Enter the Mines of Despair at 75.4S, 57.2E.
Part 2: Mines of Despair (Levers)
- From the drop, head north and unlock the wooden door with the Golden Key.
- If you have a group, have someone hold this door for you, as you'll need to come back through it.
- Go left at the split and jump down into the pit.
- Hug the left wall until you reach a locked door at the bottom of a wide ramp. Unlock it.
- Take a right at the next split, and then your first left.
- At the next split, take a right, and then hug the wall left until you reach an intersection that has a pit to your left and a small square room to your right.
- Open the door to the small square room and use the wall lever to open the first door.
- Back out of the room,.jump down into the pit, and hug the wall left until you reach another small square room with a wall lever. Pull this lever to open the second door.
- Now portal recall to bring you back to the Mines of Despair drop.
- Head North and take a right at the split. Jump down into the pit, run down the ramp and hug the right wall to join your group.
- Note: If the first door has closed already, use your Golden Key to open it again.
Part 3: Mines of Despair (Inactive Focusing Stone)
- Head north through the first door, then take a right at the split.
- Jump down into the pit, run down the ramp to the north, then hug the wall right until you reach a lever-activated door.
- One the door opens (from the lever runner), one person should hold it while the rest continue.
- Once through the door, take your first right.
- Hug the left wall until you reach another lever-activated door, in a larger room with Undead Miners.
- Again, wait here for the lever to be pulled, and when it opens, hold the door.
- Once your party is all together, move down the linear dungeon until you reach the Lich Overseer. Kill him and loot an from his corpse (drops 3).
- Optional: While in this room, you can also loot a Empyrean Sun Stone, which is used in Diemos Flagging and in making Crafting Golems.
- Now, use Le-Ai Rea's Key on the door to the west, follow the hall into a larger room, and enter the portal to Beyond the Mines of Despair.
Part 3: Beyond the Mines of Despair
- From the drop, follow the linear dungeon until you reach a suspended bridge.
- Move to the center of the bridge and jump off to the West side.
- Run around to the North West, then use the ramp down on the East side.
- From here, its linear all the way to the final room, where you'll find a Vortex.
- Use the Inactive Focusing Stone on the Vortex to activate your .
Dungeons & Maps
|Mines of Despair||75.4S 57.2E||--||0188|
|Beyond the Mines of Despair||From Mines of Despair||--||02AB|
|Use Inactive Focusing Stone on the Vortex|
|Give Skull of High Acolyte to Le-Ai Rea|
|Give unwanted Focusing Stone to Le-Ai Rea|
|Experience:||1,845,177 (35% up to level 50)|
- Handing in Scrawled Note
- You give Le-Ai Rea Scrawled Note
- Le-Ai Rea gives you Bound Book
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "Didn't you read the note? That place is dangerous. You'll surely die if you go in there.
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "Now I have to return the note to the dungeon. Thanks a lot!
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "I tell you what, hand me the skull of the Tortured Soul that hides in the Grievous Vault and I'll give you access to the mines.
- Handing in Lich Skull
- You give Le-Ai Rea Lich Skull.
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "You managed to find a lich's head? That is impressive."
- Le-Ai Rea looks at a note thoughtfully for a moment.
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "Perhaps you can go into the Mines, but I can't give you the key to the final section unless you prove your worth. If you bring me the Skull of the High Acolyte I'll help you further."
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "The Mines are dangerous and much is unknown about what dwells there. I know not much about it; however, some great evil lurks in there. I can feel it."
- Le-Ai Rea gives you Golden Key.
- Handing in Skull of High Acolyte
- You give Le-Ai Rea Skull of High Acolyte
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "Very impressive! You managed to obtain the most unholy of skulls.
- You've earned 100,000 experience
- Le-Ai Rea holds the Skull of the High Acolyte with much admiration
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "You have proven your worth to me.
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "Take these keys. It will give you access to the place many fear.
- Le-Ai Rea gives you Golden Key
- Le-Ai Rea gives you Le-Ai Rea's Key
- Handing in Focusing Stone
- You give Le-Ai Rea Focusing Stone
- Le-Ai Rea tells you, "You adventurers always seem to be going in and taking these - I think I'd like to keep one of my own. You don't mind, do you?
- You've earned 1,845,177 experience
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.