|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Starts At:||66.1N, 51.4E near Bandit Castle|
|Route:||From Facility Hub, take the Mite Maze portal in the west corridor, then run east to 42.4N, 60.5E and use the Bandit Castle Portal.|
- For each person that wants to loot the rewards chest, you will need to obtain a Gelidite Standing Stone Translation. Note that the translation is givable, so it is possible for the quest leader to acquire multiple copies using multiple characters ahead of time.
- Note 1: (Level 200+ characters) - Step 1 and 2 can be skipped if you're level 200 or greater. A level 200+ portal to the Mountain Cavern is located near Crater Village at 64.1N, 13.2E. You will also need a lockpicker to deal with the 999 difficulty chest.
- Note 2: (Level 20+ characters) - Lockpicking skill (162+) is required for a door in part 3.
- You will require a from an undead such as Lich Lords and Revenants. You will need one seal for each person going on the quest.
Walkthrough & Notes
Part 1: Rune Transcription
- Go to Bandit Castle and head to the nearby Bandit Castle Standing Stone at 66.1N, 51.4E. To reach the stone, you must run to the top of the mountain and down a slope to a ledge only reachable from the top.
- Use the Seal to unlock the standing stone and pick up the . The nearby will lead you to Neydisa.
- Go to Neydisa Castle and head to the nearby Neydisa Castle Standing Stone at 69.2N, 15.3E.
- Route: A portal to Neydisa can be found in the southern wing of the Town Network.
- Open the standing stone and pick up the . The nearby will lead you to Stonehold.
- Go to Stonehold and head to the nearby Stonehold Standing Stone at 72.0N, 22.0W.
- Route: A portal to Stonehold can be found in the northern wing of the Town Network.
- Open the standing stone and pick up the . The nearby will hint at combining the transcriptions.
- Use the Bandit Transcription on the Neydisa Rune Transcription to create the .
- Use the Stonehold Transcription on the Partial Rune Transcription to create the .
- Bring the Complete Transcription to Kuyiza bint Zayi the Translator in Zaikhal to obtain the . You are now ready to venture in to Frore.
- Note that the Gelidite Standing Stone Translation is attuned and bonded. So if you are getting multiple for a group, keep the Complete Rune Transcription and give it to each person to turn in. There is a 6 day timer on being able to get the rune transcriptions.
Part 2: Traveling to the Lost City
- With Gelidite Standing Stone Translations in hand, go to Plateau Village.
- Present your translation to Mairisa bint Fuda at 44.4N 43.4W. She will give you the Gelidite Treasure Key and summon a portal to the top of the peak outside the Mountain Cavern.
- Warning: Everyone that wants to loot the reward chest must give Mairisa a translation. Do not take the portal if you have not turned yours in yet. Please allow Mairisa enough time to complete her interactions with each player before handing in translations. When everyone has their key, take the summoned portal.
Part 3: The Lost City of Frore
- Following the map, proceed to the Lost City of Frore portal. Note that the first area is a repetitive maze and can be easy to get lost in.
- Take all lefts from the jump down, and you will be brought directly to the end of the dungeon.
- You will need lockpick to advance passed the resistance 162 door after the pressure plates. It is in the same room as the Mnemosyne.
- To open the lever doors, one must step on the three pressure plates that are found at the center of the three standing stone rings found in three larger cave chambers, located after the maze and before the city.
- Warning: If soloing, the magical portals beyond the doors take you to each of the three pressure plates. It is possible to use each portal and run back to the doors before they close. After you pass the first of the three pressure doors, you can close and reopen them using the buttons on the walls to reset the timers and give you some more time. The timers are more generous then they used to be, and as long as you hurry, you should have no problem getting them in one run. Note: When soloing take note: You can double back and reset the timers on the doors by opening all previous doors JUST before running through the next portal. Also, the 3rd portal drops you in a different location than the first two. From the third portal drop, run east first and then down.
- When everyone is through, enter the Lost City of Frore.
- Open the locked door in the entrance with lockpick. Proceed up, jump down into the pit, and enter the hallway below. You will come to an intersection. If you have high enough jumping skill to jump up one dungeon level, take the left. If you do not, take the right. The right path is slightly longer and requires the use of one lever.
- Following the map, proceed to the end. The rewards chest is under a beam of light in the room just prior to the old crystal chamber. Clear the room and loot the chest for the item rewards. If you are with a group make sure to completely empty it.
- Return the Glowing Box to Mairisa bint Fuda in Plateau Village for an experience reward.
Dungeons & Maps
|Mountain Cavern||63.2N, 5.5E||--||015D|
|Lost City of Frore||From the Mountain Cavern||--||0138|
|City of Frore chest rewards|
|Give the Glowing Box to Mairisa bint Fuda in Plateau Village|
|Experience:||18,000,000 (100% up to level 70)|
Click image for full size version.
- Combining rune transcriptions
- The two transcriptions seem to fit together perfectly, forming a partial message in an ancient language. It appears that some of the message is still missing.
- The three transcriptions seem to fit together perfectly, forming a complete message in an ancient language.
- Handing in Complete Rune Transcription to Kuyiza bint Zayi the Translator
- You give Kuyiza bint Zayi the Translator Complete Rune Transcription.
- Kuyiza bint Zayi the Translator tells you, "Hm. This appears to be a portalspace coordinate. Such things are not within my knowledge. You might want to seek out my colleague Marisa bint Fuya."
- Kuyiza bint Zayi the Translator tells you, "She would be able to cast a portal to this location. Unfortunately, she's on sabbatical, and has gone to the town of Plateau."
- Kuyiza bint Zayi the Translator gives you Gelidite Standing Stone Translation.
- Kuyiza bint Zayi the Translator tells you, "Be warned, though - you will need a substantial party to reach the Lost City, and should you die..."
- Kuyiza bint Zayi the Translator tells you, "You will be unable to reenter the caves to recover your equipment. Be certain you are prepared before you ask Mairisa to cast the portal!"
- Mairisa bint Fuda
- Mairisa bint Fuda tells you, "I came here to be free of the madding pace of the Arcanum at Zaikhal. Unless you have urgent business, I'd prefer to be left to my meditation."
- Mairisa bint Fuda tells you, "If you are another seeking the lost City of Frore, be warned - you will need a substantial party to survive. Should you die, you will be unable to reenter the caves to recover your equipment. Be certain you are prepared."
- Handing in Gelidite Standing Stone Translation
- You give Mairisa bint Fuda Gelidite Standing Stone Translation.
- Mairisa bint Fuda tells you, "Yes, I can provide transit to the location written here. I believe you will have need of this. A passing adventurer threw it at my head some time ago, when my portal spell fizzled."
- Mairisa bint Fuda gives you Gelidite Treasure Key.
- Handing in Glowing Box
- You give Mairisa bint Fuda Glowing Box.
- Mairisa bint Fuda tells you, "It can't be I thought this had been lost long ago...."
- You've earned 18,000,000 experience.
- Mairisa slowly opens the box, the golden glow washes across her face. Her facial expression seems to become more calm.
- Mairisa bint Fuda tells you, "Thank you kind adventurer, it was a kind gesture of yours to return this to it's rightful owner."
- You must wait 26d 23h 43m 37s to retrieve the box again.
The Madness of Men updated.
See also: The Great Work Crystal event page
When this quest was introduced, the Aluvian lord Sir Joffre Tremblant had only just been killed and then resurrected by the Gelidite. Each of the servers had a single chance to defeat him in his new form and loot his unique Ivory Staff.