October 2009 - Announcements Page
Patch Size: 4,504k (Client: 3,591k)
- All accounts upgraded to Throne of Destiny status.
- Ninth character slot added to all accounts.
- New equipment item called the Trinket introduced.
- You can now track quests using the new Quest Journal.
- Workaround implemented that fixes chat fail to enter on login errors.
- New Two Handed weapons added to the loot system.
- New Skills: Gearcraft and Two Handed Combat intorduced.
- Updated Skills
- Assess Creature - Formula changed from (Focus + Self) / 2 to no formula. Gained new abilities via Gearcrafting.
- Assess Person - Formula changed from (Focus + Self) / 2 to no formula.
- Deception - Formula changed from (Focus + Self) / 4 to no formula. Gained new abilities via Gearcrafting.
- Leadership - Gained new abilities via Gearcrafting.
- Loyalty - Gained new abilities via Gearcrafting.
- Quest XP now passes up from Vassals to Patrons to Monarchs.
- 10th anniversary pet gifted to all players.
- You are eligible for the 10th anniversary pet!
- Make sure that you have free space in your pack. Go to Ayala bint'Shashqa, the Arcanum Tinkerer, in the Pet Shop near the Obsidian Span at 35.2N, 39.3E.
User Interface Updates
- Iron Blade Commander
- Inner Sea Aetherium Collection
- Gear Knight Kill Task
- Gear Knight Squire Kill Task
- Aetherium Ore Collection
- Aetherium Power Core Collection
- Mana Siphon Destruction
- Gearknight Lesser Lords
- Gold Gear Trooper Kill Task
- Silver Scope Trooper Kill Task
- Copper Cog Trooper Kill Task
- Iron Blade Trooper Kill Task
- Bronze Gauntlet Trooper Kill Task
- Gear Knight Champions
- Special live event honoring Same T'ing of Harvestgain - see 10/27/09 - Honor of Same T'ing.
- Special live events are scheduled for all day Monday, Nov. 2nd. Post details at 11/02/09 - Asheron's Call 10th Anniversary Events.
- Note: Due to the Leafcull server crashing, the night events for all servers were canceled and will be rescheduled for another time soon.  
- Grael's Summoning Chamber and Tracking Grael (Red Rune Weapons)
- Mana Forges - Timer removed from token turn-ins (previously 2 weeks per token). For example the tokens from the Lord Mhoire Quest.
- Attribute and Skill Redistribution - Two Handed Combat Warden of Enlightenment statue added to Temple of Enlightenment and all gem timers reset.
- The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset for the 10th Anniversary.
- Thugs Part IV - Talk to Ries Woron to be portaled into the Thug Hideout. The portal at 65.8S 77.2E to the Thug Hideout is gone.
- The key to the second locked door is in a locked chest.
- Kill all the thugs to trigger the brick wall to open.
- The walkways by The Unknown Warrior platform remain open after attacking and killing him.
- Dereth Exploration - 10 new Markers were added.
- Monthly Game Hunter - New kill tasks.
- Lord Mhoire Quest - Emblem turnin timer removed.
- Lady Mhoire Quest - Emblem turnin timer removed.
- Quests updated with Two Handed Weapons|
- Akemi Fei
- Alex Brummel
- Alishia bint Aldan
- Anfram Mellow
- Arcanum Salvage Vendor
- Ayala bint'Shashqa
- Ayesha bint'Shashqa
- Carlito Gallo
- Dame Alistra
- Dame Trielle
- Emily Yarow
- Gan Fo
- Gustuv Lansdown
- Jin Ato
- Lieutenant Faen
- Lieutenant Grenlin
- Lieutenant Micham
- Lieutenant Zin
- Neela Nashua
- Rahina bint Zalanis
- Raphel Detante
- Rossu Morta Quartermaster
- Sir Stavitor
- Sir Yanov
- T'ing Douzen
- Whispering Blade Quartermaster
- Inner Sea Gear Knight Invasion Area
- Direlands Gear Knight Invasion Area
- Answer of Loyalty (Mana) I
- Answer of Loyalty (Mana) II
- Answer of Loyalty (Mana) III
- Answer of Loyalty (Mana) IV
- Answer of Loyalty (Mana) V
- Answer of Loyalty (Stamina) I
- Answer of Loyalty (Stamina) II
- Answer of Loyalty (Stamina) III
- Answer of Loyalty (Stamina) IV
- Answer of Loyalty (Stamina) V
- Call of Leadership I
- Call of Leadership II
- Call of Leadership III
- Call of Leadership IV
- Call of Leadership V
- Expose Weakness I
- Expose Weakness II
- Expose Weakness III
- Expose Weakness IV
- Expose Weakness V
- Expose Weakness VI
- Expose Weakness VII
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Other I
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Self I
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Other II
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Self II
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Other III
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Self III
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Other IV
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Self IV
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Other V
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Self V
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Other VI
- Two Handed Combat Mastery Self VI
- Blessing of T'ing
- Boon of T'ing
- Incantation of Two Handed Combat Mastery Other
- Incantation of Two Handed Combat Mastery Self
- Feeble Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Minor Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Moderate Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Major Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Epic Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Novice Soldier's Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Apprentice Soldier's Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Journeyman Soldier's Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Master Soldier's Two Handed Combat Aptitude
- Two Handed Combat Ineptitude Other I
- Two Handed Combat Ineptitude Other II
- Two Handed Combat Ineptitude Other III
- Two Handed Combat Ineptitude Other IV
- Two Handed Combat Ineptitude Other V
- Two Handed Combat Ineptitude Other VI
- Greased Palms
- Incantation of Two Handed Combat Ineptitude Other
- Gear Craft Mastery Other I
- Gear Craft Mastery Self I
- Gear Craft Mastery Other II
- Gear Craft Mastery Self II
- Gear Craft Mastery Other III
- Gear Craft Mastery Self III
- Gear Craft Mastery Other IV
- Gear Craft Mastery Self IV
- Gear Craft Mastery Other V
- Gear Craft Mastery Self V
- Gear Craft Mastery Other VI
- Gear Craft Mastery Self VI
- Gear Craft Mastery Other VII
- Blessing of Tristra
- Incantation of Gear Craft Mastery Other
- Incantation of Gear Craft Mastery Self
- Master Crafter's Gear Craft Aptitude
- Novice Crafter's Gear Craft Aptitude
- Apprentice Crafter's Gear Craft Aptitude
- Journeyman Crafter's Gear Craft Aptitude
- Gear Craft Ineptitude Other I
- Gear Craft Ineptitude Other II
- Gear Craft Ineptitude Other III
- Gear Craft Ineptitude Other IV
- Gear Craft Ineptitude Other V
- Gear Craft Ineptitude Other VI
- Fatter Fingers
- Incantation of Gear Craft Ineptitude Other
- Bronze Gauntlet Guardian
- Bronze Gauntlet Heavy Scout
- Bronze Gauntlet Lesser Lord
- Bronze Gauntlet Trooper
- Copper Cog Guardian
- Copper Cog Heavy Scout
- Copper Cog Lesser Lord
- Copper Cog Trooper
- Gearall the Shield
- Gold Gear Guardian
- Gold Gear Heavy Scout
- Gold Gear Lesser Lord
- Gold Gear Trooper
- Invading Copper Cog Phalanx
- Invading Copper Cog Squire
- Invading Copper Cog Knight
- Invading Iron Blade Commander
- Invading Iron Blade Phalanx
- Invading Iron Blade Squire
- Invading Iron Blade Knight
- Invading Silver Scope Phalanx
- Invading Silver Scope Squire
- Invading Silver Scope Knight
- Invading Bronze Gauntlet Phalanx
- Invading Bronze Gauntlet Squire
- Invading Bronze Gauntlet Knight
- Iron Blade Guardian
- Iron Blade Heavy Scout
- Iron Blade Lesser Lord
- Iron Blade Trooper
- Turgos the Hunter
- Silver Scope Guardian
- Silver Scope Heavy Scout
- Silver Scope Trooper
- Silver Scope Lesser Lord
- Warmaster Lurgiss
- Town Crier tells you, "Augmentation gems. I'll never be able to use one of those at my level. I can only imagine the power that must flow through an adventurers as that wave of color washes over them when they learn a new augmentation and there are many more to learn now."
- Town Crier tells you, "First my cousin tells me that there are strange mechanical creatures. Now he's telling me you can make all sorts of devices with some form of crafting they brought with them. I'm not sure how much of this I can really believe."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you gone to see Sean the Speedy yet to hear about the next set of Explorers' Society map markers to find?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've always wanted to see a scarab come to life and fly away and now I have."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors of an army of mechanical men are marching through the Direlands!"
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems like the Woron Family is happily reunited, thanks to the intrepid adventurers who answered their calls for help."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Rand the Hunter has updated his creature bounties. Find him in Holtburg to see what he's marked this time."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are strange reports from adventurers who have been exploring the Eastern shore of the Inner Sea."
- Town Crier tells you, "Woosh! Woosh! That sound is all I seem to hear any more. All these large weapons being flailed around, it seems dangerous to me."
- Town Crier tells you, "All you map hounds are encouraged to see Sean the Speedy in Holtburg. Word is he's got a thing for, ahem, dangerous places this month."
- Town Crier tells you, "It also seems that Sean the Speedy has finally finished his rounds of hiding markers, and has a special reward for those who find all of them."
- Town Crier tells you, "Formerly undesirable materials now seem to be in demand by crafters. If I can remember right those materials are Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Amber, Pyreal and ... err... right! Gromnie Hide."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have been keeping track of a lot of new information, there's so much going on. I don't have everything set yet but I know of Augmentation trainers in Cragstone, Ayan Baqur and Hebian-to, there are more I know but not their locations."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear that Ries Woron enjoys telling the tale of the Unknown Warrior. If you'd like to hear a story told with so much detail you feel you are actually there, you should seek him out above the tavern in Baishi."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you have heard tell of "Gearcrafting" it seems it may be true. I saw someone running around with some kind of magnifying glass that seemed to help him kill creatures."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin told me he saw an army of mechanical men digging for something in the northern Direlands. I wonder what they're looking for."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rand the Hunter has marked a new set of creatures for bounties. This time I hear he's in a mechanical mood. Find him in Holtburg if you feel up to the task."
- Town Crier tells you, "Oh just like everyone else, my advice is only good enough for a paltry amount of pyreals! Well thank you, Mr. Pyrealbags this'll go a long way toward providing for my family. I'm sure that an egg will feed me, my three kids and my spouse... you have no idea!
Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "See! See what the Virindi have brought on us now?!? First Applesause, now killer robots!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So I hear there is no trouble involving Ries Woron lately, who would of guessed after months of nothing but whining. Oh I've been hurt, oh my wife is missing, almost as bad as listening to my ex-wife."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You don't think I ended up here on accident do you? I saw a portal and figured whatever was on the other side was better then what was at home."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Heh, I think Rand the Hunter is trying to send us a message with this month's bounties. And that message is that Nurino may not be as crazy as I recently thought he is. Either that, or someone's been passing some really good Stout around."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I found this great pack lately. It holds even more Stout than the Colosseum Packs. Great for exploring without getting too thirsty."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So I went to Baishi to have a drink and there is none other than Ries Woron. He starts rambling on and on about the Unknown Warrior and the adventures in their hideout. Luckily I could drink faster than he could talk and he left me alone, or I passed out, I don't really remember."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.