|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Gelidite Library Quest|
|Starts With:||Kai Mallan, Sho Enchanter|
|Starts At:||69.2N, 17.2W|
|Quest Chain:||1. Gelidite Library Quest|
2. Nuhmudira's Boon Quest or The Callous Heart Quest
This Quest is a lore-heavy quest from the Gaerlan/Martine Story Arc. Nuhmudira was kidnapped, and held prisoner in this dungeon. The way you complete this quest, and if you choose to save or damn Nuhmudira, has its influences on other quests
- If you choose to damn her, you will be flagged for The Callous Heart Quest, but will have to do all 3 parts in the Soul Stone Quest
- If you choose to save her, you will be flagged for the Nuhmudira's Boon Quest, and will have to do only the first part in the Soul Stone Quest
(Note that these are not the only influencing choices upon the Soul Stone quest, and your required steps may differ regardless of your choice.)
Walkthrough & Notes
Part 1: Gelidite Library
- Talk to Kai Mallan, Sho Enchanter near the entrance to the dungeon.
- Enter the Gelidite Library. There are lower level elementals in this dungeon.
- Go down, and down a ramp to a T intersection. To the left (S), there is a room with the lore book . To the right (N), there is a room with the lore book .
- If you are not interested in picking up the books, go right (N) through the room. On the N side, there is a hidden entrance to a corridor with a ramp down.
- Follow this corridor through a smaller room, another corridor, a larger room, and exit this large room to the SE. You will find the portal to the next dungeon, the Gelidite Library Labyrinth.
- At the drop, you will find the Empty Binding. Pick it up. Goal is to collect 8 pages.
- The dungeon holds no creatures. Look at the map for the location of the pages, or see below for directions.
Part 2: Gelidite Library Labyrinth
- After you portal in into the Library, grab the on the floor next to a golem corpse.
- The Binding mentions it needs 8 pages, starting with a scrawling note. The following directions are not in the sequence you should add them, but the fastest way.
- From the drop, go take the west passage. Go left at first intersection, and follow the hallway all the way to a fork. To the left, on the floor, is the first note, A Hastily Scrawled Note.
- Backtrack to the first intersection, and go right (west) to find the third note.
- Back to the 4way intersection with the golem corpse.
- From there, take the South hallway. Go left (S) at the first fork, through 2 doors and up and down a ramp. The second note lies to the right in a little alcove.
- Backtrack to the dead golem
- The East hallway holds the next 4 notes.
- Keep right hand rule (a relatively long way) until you come into a little room which is a dead end. The seventh Note is on the floor.
- Backtrack S, at first intersection go left (S), hug right wall till you come to a 4way intersection. Go straight (SW), hug right wall till you come into a small room with a door on the other side. On the floor will be the fifth note.
- Exit on the other side, and hang right for a short while. The sixth note is in an alcove behind a door.
- Go back to the little room where the fifth note was, and from there, back up N to the 4way intersection. Go straight (NE) and keep hugging the right wall, up a few ramps to a little room which is a dead end. The fourth note is in this room.
- Backtrack, first intersection go right, next one left, and you're back at the dead golem
- The eighth and final note can be found by going into the N hallway. At the first intersection, go right (S), up a ramp, left, and right (N) up another. Left to a little room with the eighth note.
- Backtrack to the first intersection, and this time, go right and east, this is where the . the Oubliette Gatekeeper and the portal to the next section are.
- Assemble the Book, ID the notes for the right sequence:
- First Note: Use an empty book binding on this item.
- Second Note: Use a book binding with one page on this item.
- Third Note: Use a book binding with two pages on this item.
- Fourth Note: Use a book binding with two pages on this item.
- Fifth Note: Use a half full book binding on this item.
- Sixth Note: Use a book that is missing two pages on this note
- Seventh Note: Use a book that is missing two pages on this page.
- Eighth Note: Use a nearly full book binding on this note to complete the book
- Adding the 8th Note changes the Book Binding into an .
- Give the Unreadable Tome to the Oubliette Gatekeeper to receive and be flagged to enter the Oubliette portal.
Part 3: Gelidite Library Oubliette
- Again, no creatures in this dungeon. If you swap the camera up high, you can see where Nuhmudira used to be imprisoned, lying on top of the column in the middle. On the floor you will find different pieces of lore: , , , , and .
- There are TWO levers here. This is where you make your choice:
- The with a SKULL on it, to the West, will give your lifeforce to Nuhmudira, you will die and have 5% vitae, but without leaving a corpse. This means you saved her. You will appear at a lifestone just outside of Zaikhal at 15.8N, 2.1E.
- The , to the east, will make Nuhmudira suffer more, and you will be portaled back to Kai Mallan, Sho Enchanter. This means you condemned Nuhmudira, and you can talk to Kai Mallan for further instructions (see The Callous Heart Quest.
- If you saved Nuhmudira, speak to the Agent of the Arcanum in Zaikhal to recieve Letter to Balthazar.
Dungeons & Maps
|Gelidite Library||69.2N, 17.2W||--||5464|
|Labyrinth||From the Gelidite Library||--||5463|
|Oubliette (Labyrinth)||From the Labyrinth||--||5462|
|Other:||Access to The Callous Heart Quest or Nuhmudira's Boon Quest.|
- Opening dialog, Balthazar, Royal Guardian
- Balthazar, Royal Guardian snaps to attention and salutes you.
- Balthazar, Royal Guardian tells you, "Hail, fellow Isparian. I have been sent here to ensure that none venture into this hold. It is overrun by a horde of Sclavus -- they have stolen some of the items that were collected here by Nuhmudira, the Arcanum and their Agents. These Sclavus are of a potent and singular mind, it seems, and all attempts to root them from their positions have met with great casualties."
- Balthazar, Royal Guardian tells you, "Our High Queen has organized a unit of her elite forces and established a foothold within the first rooms of this storehouse. If you are brave enough, you may assist us in restoring the stolen items. However ..."
- Balthazar, Royal Guardian sighs.
- Balthazar, Royal Guardian tells you, "I do not know you, Isparian. And I fear that trust is in short supply these days. I must ask you to prove yourself before I can accept your assistance. If you journey to Stonehold and there choose to support Nuhmudira with the sacrifice of your own life essence, then I will know that you are truly on our side."
- Opening dialog, Kai Mallan, Sho Enchanter
- Kai Mallan, Sho Enchanter tells you, "How did you come to me? You have overstayed your welcome here. Return to your precious cities! My master cares not for those that will let her evil go unpunished."
- Oubliette Gatekeeper
- Oubliette Gatekeeper tells you, "It is forbidden to pass these walls unless you have been given the permission of he who watches the gate. To be given that passage, hand me your key so that I may verify the inscriptions and grant you access. But be forewarned, your entry to this place will place you in direct contact with the accused. Make your decision wisely, for you may cast your vote only once.
- Oubliette Gatekeeper tells you, "The key, had you forgotten, is a writing infused with the magic of my masters. I will infuse the writing with the power of the dias, and then return it to you.
- Adding pages to the Book Binding
- The page reattaches itself to the book, for a brief instant the sigil on the page looks as though it bleeds. A womans voice echoes in your mind speaking in a tongue you do not understand.
- Handing in Unreadable Tome to Oubliette Gatekeeper
- You give Oubliette Gatekeeper Unreadable Tome
- The Golem lifts a metallic hand toward the dais holding the book. A soft thrum echoes through the room, as a warm glow surrounds the book. Pages twist upon one another, and a feeling of warmth cascades over you
- Oubliette Gatekeeper gives you Nuhmudira's Charm
- Oubliette Gatekeeper tells you, "Read well the words within, this is a living being that has been imprisoned. There is too much passion in the writing for it to be otherwise. Choose wisely for the work within has never been used upon living flesh before and the results are as of yet untested and unknown. This prisoner must be guilty of heinous crimes against my masters.
- Oubliette Gatekeeper tells you, "You may now pass. Remember your judgement is final.
- Pulling Plain Lever
- The feeling that you have abandoned a friend washes over you.
- Pulling Skull Lever
- Your strength deserts you as your soul is stripped of essence. In your mind, a woman's voice says, "Thank You."
- Handing in another Unreadable Tome to Oubliette Gatekeeper
- You give Oubliette Gatekeeper Unreadable Tome.
- Oubliette Gatekeeper tells you, "You may cast your vote only once. I will, however, infuse your writing."
- The Golem lifts a metallic hand toward the dais holding the book. A soft thrum echoes through the room, as a warm glow surrounds the book. Pages twist upon one another, and a feeling of warmth cascades over you.
- Oubliette Gatekeeper gives you Nuhmudira's Charm.
- Speaking to Agent of the Arcanum after saving Nuhmudira
- Agent of the Arcanum claps his hands together.
- Agent of the Arcanum tells you, "I am so happy that you were kind enough to give of yourself so that she may survive. She has certainly done this for all of us. Please take this."
- Agent of the Arcanum gives you Letter to Balthazar.
- Agent of the Arcanum tells you, "Seek out Balthazar, outside of Lin. He will instruct you further on how you may aid us."
- Tears well in the agents eyes and they sniff.
- Agent of the Arcanum tells you, "I am sorry...but knowing that she is trapped in an inescapable place, and that her life force is being drained away...I wish that there was more we could do for her."