|Introduced:||Ancient Enemies||Related Quests:||See Below||Updated:||Strange Sightings, Dark Materials, Corrupted Sovereigns, Prodigal Sons, Foolish Ambition, Upping the Ante,|
Introductions, Dispatch, Shattered Lines, Ancient Powers, Risks and Rewards, Lessons from the Past and The Quest for Freedom
The Graveyard is an area in the Southeastern Direlands designed for high-level small group hunting. The graveyard has been updated with new content during many events.
The Graveyard was the first place to see a lot of new tech being developed.
- The spawns in the graveyard change depending on the time displayed on the map panel. The spawns switch to the easier "day" creatures at Dawnsong and to the harder "night" creatures at Evensong. (See Time for more details.)
- Also unique to the Graveyard is its ominous, swirling black sky that is present during the daytime and disappears as you leave the area. See here for a animated screenshot of the Graveyard's sky.
- The Graveyard was the first place to use the Alternative Currency tech, where NPCs will accept some other item instead of Pyreals for payment. In the case of the Graveyard, this currency is the Ancient Mhoire Coin.
- There are a few collection quests which use the NPC item detection tech, where an NPC will search your bags for an item or items and take it directly out, so you do not have to give the items to the NPC yourself - a very helpful feature in the deadly environment of the Graveyard.
It would seem that in the distant past Rytheran under the direction of, Geraine, His Eternal Splendor, destroyed the House Mhoire using the Book of Eibhil. It is unclear why, but in Rytheran's Letter he refers to the House Mhoire as the traitor house. It is presumed that the House of Mhoire left because they objected to becoming undead like Geraine and many of the other Dericost nobles. For millennia the House Mhoire was buried beneath the ground, but recently, as written in his letter, Rytheran left the Mage Academy in search of a mysterious magical book, the Book of Eibhil. He found the book and began to read from it to restore his memories and power. By reading from this book, dark magic rose the Graveyard to the surface once more.
Texts Related to the Graveyard:
- Ancient Journal Page #1
- Ancient Journal Page #2
- Rytheran's Letter
- Rytheran's Journal
- Laylana's Love Letter
- Pleading Letter
- Foolish Ambition Teaser
- The Jester's Revelations
- From the Wai Jhou Halls of Metos dungeon, run to 65.1S 43.3W and jump down to the Arcanum Lookout.
- Use a Black Spawn Den Portal Device from your guild's mansion until you reach the Obsidian Plains BSD at 60.0S, 57.7W. From there, run southeast to the Graveyard.
- Alternatively, if you have 5 Mhoire Coins, you can purchase the Graveyard Recall scroll from Hurnmel the Smith to recall straight to a bunker in the middle of the Graveyard.
Areas of the Graveyard
|Investigate the Factions||Before Joining a Society|
|Shambling Archivist Destroyer||Initiate|
|Undead Jaw Collection||Initiate|
|Wight Blade Sorcerer Kill Task||Initiate|
|Tracing The Stone||Adept|
|Amelia||64.8S 43.8W (only at night)||Quest NPC||Talk to her to start the quest|
|Apep-tek the Tolerant||65.3S, 44.0W (near the recall bunker)||Collector||Gives 15 Million xp for 10 Pyre Shrouds (must be level 100+)|
|Candrus Steady-Hand||65.8S, 45.3W (outside the Graveyard in the valley to the west)||Quest NPC||Investigate the Factions|
|Jawaq ibn Janath||64.2S, 44.0W (outside the Graveyard in the valley to the southeast)||Quest NPC||Investigate the Factions|
|Kousu Temo||65.3S, 42.3W (just outside the northern edge Graveyard)||Quest NPC||Investigate the Factions|
|Lo Shoen||65.3S, 43.4W (Just outside the Graveyard to the southeast on the Arcanum Lookout)||Quest NPC||Grave Rat Kill Task and DeathTail Quest|
|Hurnmel the Smith||65.4S 44.0W (spawns only at night at the bottom of the recall bunker)||Shopkeeper||Sells a variety of items in exchange for Ancient Mhoire Coins|
|Jester (NPC)||64.6S 43.8W (use the northern Summoning Stone to summon him)||Quest NPC||K'nath Core Quest|
|Jester (NPC)||65.8S 43.8W (use the southern Summoning Stone to summon him)||Quest NPC||Jester's Lost Marbles|
|Shade of Parieth||65.6S 43.9W (Spawns only at night at the south end of the Graveyard)||Collector||6 Million xp per 10 Exhumed Bones|
|Sharia Blackmist||65.3S 43.3W (Just outside the Graveyard to the southeast on the Arcanum Lookout)||Quest NPC||Ghost Hunter Quest|
|Skettek the Wanderer||65.3S, 43.4W (Just outside the Graveyard to the southeast on the Arcanum Lookout)||Shopkeeper||Vendor with regular supplies (spell comps, fletching supplies, alchemy supplies, etc.)|
|Gardens of Menilesh||64.7S, 43.8W||00E7.gif||--||Disturbance in the Ley Lines, Jester Focuses|
|Jester's Prison||64.9S, 44.1W||00D7.gif||--||The Jester|
|Massilor's Crypt||65.4S, 43.6W||472D.gif||--||Graveyard Delivery|
|Mhoire Armory||64.8S, 44.3W||00EA.gif||--||Jester's Lost Marbles, Spectral Weapons|
|Mhoire Castle Courtyard||64.6S, 44.1W||462D.png||--||Mhoire Castle Quests|
Luminance Added to Nighttime Spawn during Lessons from the Past event.