|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Halls of Knorr|
|Starts With:||Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student|
|Starts At:||68.7N, 21.6W in Stonehold|
- The first quest which gave players access to the Knorr Lyceum.
- Allows you to upgrade your Hieromancer's Armor.
- Has other rewards including a Mace, UA weapon, and lots of lore texts.
- Lockpick is required to complete this quest.
- Bring at least one M (100,000) Trade Note. It will be required to begin.
- You must complete the Hieromancer's Armor quest and bring the Thaumaturgic or Exarch Plate Armor with you if you wish to upgrade it.
Walkthrough & Notes
Part 1: Getting to Knorr
- Give Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student an M note to receive a . You can only receive two gems before having to wait three days to acquire more.
- Note: Once you speak to Olcris, you can receive two gems. If you take longer than the given time to buy all the gems, you will be able to speak to him again once you receive your second and be able to acquire another set.
- Once you use the gem he gives you, you'll be in a room with a Guardian and an alcove full of items. Pick up the Book give it to the Guardian to be sent to the next room.
- You can speak to the Guardian to hear the slight riddle associated with the correct item, but this is entirely optional.
- As before, pick up a Mead and give it to the Guardian.
- Finally, give the Kite Shield to the Guardian to portal into the Seat of Knorr.
- Feel free to speak to Arikas; doing so allows you to bypass the timer on getting from Olcris with the bonus of not having to go through the riddle rooms. There is one catch: The gems will cost an MMD note and you can only get one per visit. s
Part 2: Getting the Keys
- Move North past Arikas. Open the door and stick left until, after opening a door, you come across a dining area littered with bones.
- Head towards the East into a room with tables along the border (and noticeably less bones). Resume sticking left until you go up a ramp.
- Head North until you reach a locked door. Pick it open, then move North to another door you must pick to reach a study.
- Pick up the , , and as well as at least one of the books in the room. Using the bookcase reveals another piece of lore. Olcris requires one book in order to get an M note back; any extra can be translated by Bretself in Cragstone. When done, head back to Arikas.
Part 3: Obtaining the Weapons of Knorr
- From Arikas, head East, through the door and into the Barracks Conveyance device as the end of the hall.
- From the drop, head North then East. On the catwalk directly take the first right. Follow the hallway into a room with mushrooms and many doors. Pull the torch in the second room from the southern end. This opens a door to the west, one more room to the north.
- Once through, stick left to a large room pick the lock of the door on the south wall and continue up to a room with two chests. Use your Elder key on the right chest and Sentinel key on the left chest. They contain the and weapons used by Asheron's Order of Perfect Light.
- Head back to the drop from the way you came (do NOT portal recall). The door may have closed by now, so look for a lever nearby to reopen it. You will know you've reached the drop when you find the Conveyances.
Part 4: Obtaining the Helm of Knorr
- From the drop, head North then West and follow the catwalk around ignoring the first and second hallways on the left but taking the third.
- Continue along and you'll come to a large open room (after a down-ramp). The first door on the Left will need to be unlocked. Inside lies another book of lore as well as the Chest of the Defender housing the . This helm casts +25 health (does not stack with Essence Glutton) and also has another use for mages which will be gone over later. Use your Key to the Defender Cache to obtain the helm. Head back to the drop (again, do NOT recall).
- At the drop, head down the East hallway through two grate doors and take the Research Chambers Conveyance device if you have Hieromancer's Armor that you'd like to upgrade.
- At this point, if you do not have or wish to upgrade a set of Hieromancer's Armor, feel free to recall back to Stonehold and give Olcris a book to get an M note back.
Part 5: Obtaining the Armor of Knorr
Note: You must have Thaumaturgic or Exarch Plate Armor from the Hieromancer's Armor Quest on you to complete this part of the quest. You may still accompany and assist others, however, if you don't.
- You must grab four Orbs of Infusion. There are three colours you may choose from; Royal Blue, Red or Mint Green. Each orb works for one piece of armor. The success rate of infusing the armor, is 100% so for a full set, you will only need 3 (Note, if you want the helm, you will need 4)
- (Blue): simply head North through the door at the drop and stick left until you reach a large open room with a pedestal holding the blue orb under a beam of white light. Pick up as many as you need, then head back to the drop.
- (Red): simply head North through the door at the drop and stick right until you reach a large open room with a pedestal holding the red orb under a beam of pink light. Pick up as many as you need, then head back to the drop.
- (Green): you'll need to head to where the blue orb is (see above) and head through the passage on the East side. In the next large open room, on the South wall, is the green orb on a pedestal under a beam of mint light. Pick up as many as you need, then head back to the drop.
- Make sure now that you have as many orbs as you want. You will have to come back for more if you do not have enough.
- Take the Barracks Conveyance device then take the Forge Conveyance device (East hallway, first on the Left).
- From the drop move South and stick Right to a large room with the Forge of Knorr in the middle. This forge will be used in upgrading the Heiromancer's Armor.
- Affix an orb to each piece of the armor as well as to the Runic Helm of Knorr to create , , and .
- When done, use the now-wearable armor pieces on the forge as you would normally unlock a door with a key.
- Thaumaturgic Plate will become Luminescent Plate and is one colour (the colour orb chosen). They will retain their +5 cantrips as well as gain some base AL. They will be unenchantable and have a Base War Requirement of 290 to wield.
- Exarch Plate will become Auroric Exarch Plate and is white with a trim of the colour orb chosen. They will retain their +10 cantrips as well as gain some base AL. They will be unenchantable and have a Base War Requirement of 315 to wield.
- The Runic Helm is slightly different in that it goes under a skill check. The helm will no longer be attuned/bonded, become unenchantable and will lose its +25 health spell.
- If you pass, the helm will become Auroric, matching the rest of the Auroric suit in color and AL as well gaining a +10 Life magic cantrip and a 315 Base Life wield requirement.
- If you fail, the helm will become Luminescent matching the rest of the Luminescent suit in color and AL as well gaining a +5 Life magic cantrip and a 290 Base Life wield requirement.
- When done, simply recall to Stonehold and give Olcris a book for an M note back.
- If you give Olcris any extra books, he will simply keep them and not pay you for them.
Dungeons & Maps
|Knorr Trials||N/A - See Knorr Portal Gem||--||6344|
|Seat of Knorr||From Knorr Trials||--||6444|
|Barracks||From Seat of Knorr||--||6343|
|Research Chamber||From Seat of Knorr||--||6443|
|Forge||From Seat of Knorr||--||6445|
- Opening Dialog
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Hail! It has come to my attention, through means at my disposal, that Asheron has recently visited his old school somewhere far from Dereth. I'd be willing to assist you in getting there if you promise to do something for me.
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "I am sure that the structure contains a great many books that pertain to the history of this world. We are looking for any information that you may be able to gather there. Return the books to me so that Nuhmudira's school might thrive.
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "If you would agree to such an exchange I will only ask for a small gesture of good will, shall we say an M note?
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Should you return the books to me I will ensure that you are given this expenditure upon your return."
- Handing in Trade Note (100,000)
- You give Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student Trade Note (100,000)
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student gives you Knorr Portal Gem
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Once you use this gem you will be on your own. Knorr has no portals, we assume for fear that the Olthoi that have not completely been removed would find a way through to Dereth. You will need to have your own transportation home. You have been warned."
- Handing in Trade Note (250,000)
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "I see that you have reached the Seat of Knorr. If you pay me an MMD note I'll weave up a gem that will take you back to that very spot. Just make sure to speak to the golem there, if you want to back there quick again."
- You give Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student Trade Note (250,000)
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student gives you Seat of Knorr Portal Gem
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Speak to the Golem again and maybe I'll be able to craft another one of these for you."
- Diamond Guardian's Riddles
- The Golem speaks in old Yalain, a language foreign and strange, but as it speaks you gain comprehension of it's words
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "A moth ate a word. To me it seemed, a piteous thing when I learned the wonder that a worm had swallowed, in darkness stolen, the song of Empyrean, our glorious sayings, A great Empyrean's strength; and the thieving guest, who was no whit the wiser for the words it ate.
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "Hand me that which was lost to the worm that night.
- You give Diamond Guardian Book
- Diamond Guardian teleports you with Courtyard of Knorr.
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "I am valued by Empyrean, fetched from afar, Gleaned on the hill-slopes, gathered in groves, In dale and on down. All day through the air, Wings bore me aloft, and brought me with cunning Safe under roof.
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "Empyrean steeped me in vats, to give me power to pummel and blind, To cast to the earth, the old and young. Stripped of their strength if they cease not their folly, Loud is their speech, but of power despoiled To manage their mind, their hands or their feet.
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "Now give me the item, who can bind all to earth, And lay fools low in the light of day."
- You give Diamond Guardian Mead
- Diamond Guardian teleports you with Interior Gates of Knorr.
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "A lonely wanderer, wounded with iron, smitten with war-blades, sated with strife,Worn with the sword-edge; I have seen many battles, many hazardous fights, oft without hope of comforts or help in the carnage of war Ere I perish and fall in the fighting hands of Empyrean.
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "The leavings of hammers, the handiwork of smiths, Batter and bite me, hard-edged and sharp; The brunt of the battle I am doomed to endure. No healer may mend me that a fire may cure.
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "Hand me the item.
- You give Diamond Guardian Kite Shield
- Diamond Guardian teleports you with Seat of Knorr.
- Handing in an incorrect item
- You allow Diamond Guardian to examine your Parchment.
- Diamond Guardian tells you, "You are not wise enough to enter the halls of Knorr return when you have solved this riddle."
- Diamond Guardian teleports you with Portal Sending.
- Player gets teleported to 49.3S, 62.9E - Baishi.
- Speaking to Olcris after failing a riddle
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "I am sorry, but I think that you lack the cognitive capacity to ascertain the memorandums and literature that we seek. Please take some time to think about your failure, perhaps tomorrow."
- Arikas, Warden of Knorr tells you, "Asheron did not specify that students would be arriving at the Lyceum. However since you are here I will explain transportation within this place.
- Arikas, Warden of Knorr tells you, "Lord Master Asheron has establish a network of devices through his knowledge of Planar magic, that will ease your movement through the Lyceum construct.
- Arikas, Warden of Knorr tells you, "I will determine the level of safety of the different areas and allow you to pass through the Planar tunnels provided that the presence of entities catalogued as, Olthoi, are small enough to allow for survival in said areas."
- Entering a portal
- "This area has been deemed passable by Arikas, Warden of the Seat of Knorr. Conveyance shall commence instantly. Be warned there are dangers from the life forms catalogued Olthoi within this section of the Lyceum."
- Entering a restricted portal
- "This area has been deemed uninhabitable by Arikas, Warden of Knorr. The presence of life forms catalogued as Olthoi is too numerous to allow conveyance to continue, you will be returned to the Seat of Knorr. "
- Using Bookshelf
- You pull a book from the shelves of the bookcase. As you do so you notice a small collection of papers fall from within the pages.
- Bookshelf gives you Well Drawn Letter.
- Handing in Well Drawn Letter to Olcris
- You give Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student Well Drawn Letter
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Ah, good work. Nuhmudira will be pleased that you held up your end of the bargain. Now let me take care of my end.
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student gives you Trade Note (100,000)
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "It has been a pleasure working with you.
- You give Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student Well Drawn Letter
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Hey! You're trying to pull one over on me eh?
- Olcris looks at you angrily
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "I'll keep this, cause Nuhmudira might like it, but you're note getting anything else from me moneywise. Begone."
- Handing in texts to Olcris (dialog for all text is the same)
- You give Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student Well Drawn Letter.
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "So what do you think you are trying to pull, I don't remember your face. You should really just get out of here."
- Olcris looks at you incredulously.
- Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "What? You want this back. I have my orders and they clearly say that any and all information gathered from the Lyceum should be given to Nuhmudira. I'm not going to cross her."