|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Harvesting the Bulb of Mornings|
|Starts At:||Neftet Excavation Site at 22.2S, 8.6E|
|Contracts:||Contract for First Sister|
|Quest Chain:||1. Releasing the Light|
2. Harvesting the Bulb of Mornings
3. Harvesting the Bulb of Harvests
4. Harvesting the Bulb of Twilight
5. Hoshino Must Die
- You must have completed Releasing the Light at least once in order to flag for this quest.
- Harvest a seed from the Bulb of Mornings located near Neftet. However, you'll have to fight or run through many of Hoshino's spectral undead, Mu-miyah, and Reedsharks to reach the Bulb.
- This quest is easily soloable by someone with a ranged attack, however, without a ranged attack killing the tentacles in the second part of the quest might be more difficult.
- Flags you for the Harvesting the Bulb of Harvests Quest
Walkthrough & Notes
- Head to the Neftet Excavation Site on the outskirts of Neftet at 22.2S, 8.6E and speak with Kaltus.
- Enter the hole in the ground near the Neftet Excavation Site and keep going down through the tunnels until you reach a portal to the Temple of Mornings. The tunnels and Temple are filled with Neftet mu-miyah and spectral undead. The Temple drop is hot so be prepared.
- In the Temple keep going upwards until you reach the top where you find the Sanctum Guardian Spirit. You can jump up to the plateau with the Sanctum Guardian Spirit and you'll be safe from the monsters below.
- Talk to the Sanctum Guardian Spirit to receive a kill task for 10 of the mu-miyah/spectral undead. Kill them and talk to the Sanctum Guardian Spirit again to be portalled into the next dungeon.
- Note: Mages and archers can easily perch from the top and never be in any danger.
- The next part is full of Reedsharks that are similar to those at Neftet. There are also usable Large Desert Flowers all over. If you use them they will spawn around 10 Sath'tik Tentacles Tendrils and Eyestalks that cast drain spells.
- You need to kill the tentacles and loot 15 . The best strategy is to clear an area of reedsharks then use a flower and retreat a safe distance. If you are outside of the their drain and void radius then the tentacles are quite harmless and you can pick them off with a ranged attack.
- Note: You should only need to kill 3 or 4 spawns to get 15. Everyone on the quest needs 15.
- Go to the end of the dungeon and find the Bulb of Mornings. Use it and it will take all your Delicate Desert Flowers and give you a .
- Return to Kaltus and hand him your Seed of Essence for your rewards. You will also be portaled to the Neftet Treasury to use your key. If you don't want your orb, you can hand it to Calitoth for some additional xp and luminance instead.
- Note: The nearby surface portal will not actually take you back to the surface but rather to the bottom of the tunnels. It is better to run back from the Neftet recall unless you want to go through all the spectral undead and mu-miyah again.
Dungeons & Maps
|Temple of Mornings||22.2S, 8.6E||--||--|
|Experience:||210,000,000 (??% up to level ??)|
|Give Legendary Seed of Mornings to Calitoth|
|Experience:||46,709,251 (??% up to level ??)|
Click image for full size version.
- Opening Dialog
- Rewards Dialog
- You allow Kaltus to examine your Seed of Essence.
- Kaltus tells you, "Beautiful!".
- You hand over 1 of your Seed of Essences.
- Kaltus tells you, "This is... amazing!"
- Kaltus tells you, "Even being warned what we may find, it's still breathtaking to see. Now, to see if Popkin's spell works..."
- Kaltus chants over the seed, and a small wisp of light pours out of the seed and into his hand.
- Kaltus tells you, "Oh good, it worked. Spirit-magic is such a touchy thing."
- Kaltus tells you, "It's only a small fragment of her essence, but it's progress all the same. As for this seed, I think you may find it useful."
- You've earned 210,000,000 experience.
- You've earned 20,000 Luminance.
- Kaltus gives you Seed of Mornings.
- Kaltus tells you, "If you're interested, I'll likely need your assistance again in a couple weeks. The bulb should be ready to produce another seed by then."
- You give Calitoth Legendary Seed of Mornings.
- Calitoth tells you, "Thank you. I'll send this along to my mistress. Please, accept this gift in return."
- You've earned 46,709,251 experience.
- You've earned 1,000 Luminance.
- Other Interactions
- A voice in your mind says, "Hmmm... You do not seem to have the taint that these other invaders do..."
- A voice in your mind says, "If you wish entry to this sacred place, then prove your worth. Slay ten of these Dark Falatacot-touched invaders: the children of the self-titled 'Sand Kings' and those spectres that serve the Avatar of the Book."
- A voice in your mind says, "Do this, then return to me. I will accept it as proof of your intents here."
- You have killed 10 Spectral Voidmages! Your task is complete!
- A voice in your mind says, "Very well, you've proven to at least be an enemy of those trying to invade this place. Tread carefully once inside."
- Using the Bulb of Mornings without any Delicate Desert Flowers in your inventory
- Attempting to pluck one of the seeds directly yields nothing... You think you'll need some other means to gather a seed from the bulb.
- You look over the large plant. Unlike the rest of the temple and its denizens, the plant itself seems entirely pristine and unmarred. The plant itself seems to radiate a feeling of peaceful hope.
- As you go to pick the flower, Sath'tik tentacles erupt from the ground around you!
- Using the Bulb of Mornings without the full 15 Delicate Desert Flowers in your inventory
- As you examine the large plant, the Delicate Desert Flowers in your pack start to glow faintly. Perhaps with more of them, you could achieve your goal.
- You offer up the Delicate Desert Flowers to the large plant. The flowers themselves glow momentarilly, and then are absorbed in the plant.
- A moment later, the plant releases a small glowing seed.
- You hand over all of your Delicate Desert Flowers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.