August 2003 - Announcements Page
- Alchemy Gems introduced! You can now craft gems that cast life protection spells. See the August Letter to the Players for details of these new effects.
- NPCs have finally moved into the Direlands Stronghold Candeth Keep.
- The classic quest, The Sword of Lost Light, has been updated with a number of changes.
- Gelidite Library Quest - Now non-repeatable
- Harbinger Quest - New quest mechanic and rewards|
- Shadow Captain's Heaume Quest
- Sword of Lost Light Quest - Many of the quest items have been updated.
- Sword of Lost Hope Quest - Sword has new stats and artwork.
- Lady Aerfalle Quest - The three infusions from the volcanoes can now be given to Lilly of Glenden Wood for xp.
- Emissary of Asheron (Yanshi)
- Grawalda the Peddler
- Candeth Keep NPCs
- Agent Dravos
- Aun Amanaualuan the Elder Shaman
- Aun Gunditealuan the Marksman
- Aun Oreilauri the Healer
- Aun Xathurea the Leather Crafter
- Gate Guard
- Odvik the Inn Keeper
- Pagrok the Stone Collector
- Rkos the Armorer
- Ry'zir al-Nabit
- Sentry (Candeth Keep)
- Tunlok Weapons Master
- Tyokai Renjiro the Grocer
- Ulna bint-Fasha the Ivory Crafter
- Yukara Miko the Collector
- Lilly of Glenden Wood - Now accepts infusions (SOLL, SOLH) in exchange for experience.
- Candeth Keep - Construction completed and town is now active.
- Olthoi Brood Hive (40+)
- Olthoi Brood Hive (60+)
- Tunnels to the Harbinger (Issk)
- Tunnels to the Harbinger (Vincadi)
- Olthoi North - Landscape is now severely blighted by the olthoi presence, with far less vegetation and lots of purplish thatch.
- Carved Cave - Portal moved from 72.1N, 35.6W to 7.4N, 0.6E near Al-Jalima. In addition, the Level 17+ restriction was removed and a portal to the Halls of the Lost Light was added.
- Chakron Gate - Updated with Assailers, Telumiat Hollow Minions and Virindi Inquisitors, Virindi Preceptors and Virindi Adjudicators
- Dungeon Manor - Updated with Drudge Slaves and Desert Rats
- Holtburg Dungeon - Updated with Drudge Slaves 12 & 14, Sandy Armoredillo, Spikey Armoredillo, Jade Gromnie, and Swamp Rats.
- Matron Hive South - Now levels 20-50
- Matron Hive West - Now levels 60-90
- Shade Stronghold - Updated with Tenebrous and Sinister Shadows and Destroyer Grievvers
- Sepulcher of the Hopeslayer - Now has Bile Grievvers and new Shadows. No longer recallable.
- Rithwic Crypt - Updated with Mire Phyntos Wasps, Hunter Shreths, Desert Rats
- Shoushi Grotto - Updated with Drudge Slaves, Hunter Shreth and Swamp Rats
- Yanshi Tunnels - Updated with Drudge Slaves
- Yaraq Tunnels - Updated with Drudge Slaves and Desert Rats
- Points of Interest
- 72.1N, 35.6W - Banderling Cave - The original location of the Carved Cave portal, now populated with Banderlings and has a Runed Chest and Direlands Midland Portal.
- 72.2N, 36.1W - Zefir Tower - Creatures updated, chest updated to a Sturdy Steel Chest.
- 47.5S, 85.3W - Plasma Golem Squares - Creatures updated and runed chest added.
- 47.6S, 86.3W - Drudge Tower - Updated with Bloodletters, Unconquered, Cabalist, Peerless and Murk Drudges along with a Sturdy Steel Chest.
- 50.5S, 53.6W - Lugian Cave - Creatures updated. (unconfirmed for this event)
- Moderate Endurance spell added as a random cantrip
- Unenchantable property removed
- AL increased from 120 to 150
- Spells updated.
- Moderate Invulnerability spell added
- Modifiers| +5% attack, +5.0% melee
- New artwork.
- Can no longer be picked up (again).
- Adolescent Olthoi Brood Matron
- Adolescent Olthoi Brood Queen
- Young Olthoi Brood Matron
- Young Olthoi Brood Queen
- Guardian of the Lost Light - New artwork.
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "...and a warrior came forth bearing the mark of Light upon him. He carried, in his hand, the rays of the sun crafted into steel. A blade with a purpose in the hands of a virtuous heart brings hope where there is none. The Light has been found again."
- Town Crier tells you, "Aerbax and Nuhmudira seem to be at each other's throats. I wonder what this will mean for the refugees of Yanshi."
- Town Crier tells you, "Has it been over a year since the destruction of Yanshi? I can't help but think of that poor jeweler who never returned to the Lifestone with the rest of the town's folk..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I can't wait until I have done enough for Candeth Keep to be recognized as a founder. I hear the shops there are exquisite!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear word that the keep in the South Dires is almost completed. Merchants from all three races of the alliance have moved in to provide adventurers with supplies and places of rest."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard from Alatar Locke recently... he was upset that he had to redo some of his oldest notes... something about some carved caves?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I never thought I'd see the day where Alchemists would be smiling again."
- Town Crier tells you, "I voted for Locke Ridge..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I was worried when the Olthoi first began to congregate in the north, but now they have twisted the land into their own! This can only mean bad things for us."
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm trusting in the good faith of the populace to keep me well protected. I figure now that you can craft your own protections I might just be safe on my walkabouts."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that all but one of the potions we once used for casting spells is used in crafting new protective stones."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard tell that High Queen Elysa is forming an expedition to enter the tunnels deep beneath Asheron's Island. I wonder if there is any truth to it."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that one of Asheron's emissaries has been spotted in Yanshi. Perhaps he is there keeping the peace."
- Town Crier tells you, "Iquba's tavern in Qalabar's been awfully crowded these days, but no one seems to be buying any ale, just examining some strange keys."
- Town Crier tells you, "In the Halls of Lost Light the Guardian has stirred and the sword glows brighter now than ever. Perhaps this is an omen of things to come. Perhaps it is a sign that even in this growing darkness there is still hope."
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems as though the Gotrok Lugians and their Renegade Tumerok comrades are continuing to siege Fort Tethana."
- Town Crier tells you, "Our refusal to speak last month was for our own reasons. We're underpaid and it's as though our voices are no longer heard. Many of us decided that we'd be silent for a cycle of the moons in protest. Did it work?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors persist that the Harbinger is reforming much more quickly. If it's true what more could we possibly face. We have the Renegade Tumeroks, the Gotrok Lugians, Aerbax, Olthoi and now a thing that is an elemental force. It's good to see that Nuhmudira is doing something about it over there. Of course... it would be better if she didn't have a Sclavus speaking for her."
- Town Crier tells you, "Some adventurers came back from the stronghold northwest of Mount Esper the other day -- they reported that it'd gotten much more difficult. Something about new monsters moving in! They were going to check two other dungeons, but I don't remember which ones."
- Town Crier tells you, "Swear to me or die! Ha, ha, just joking. Who would be that cruel?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Tumeroks have grown a huge tree in the center of Candeth Keep. They say that it's the heart of the city. Supposedly they can talk to it or some such nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I respect their beliefs, I'm just not sure I believe them."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are rumors of new Olthoi hives in the North! I do hope all the homeowners there have a Horn of Vigilance... Available, by the way, at all sellers named Coron Usgin in Zaikhal. Guaranteed to keep Olthoi away! At least, uh, I think they are. Well, I believe you can return it to Coron Usgin if not satisfied, a one hundred percent pyreal-back guarantee! I think..."
- Town Crier tells you, "They have infested most of the world, and now the Olthoi have begun to blight our lands. And to make matters worse, it looks as though they are beginning to establish new hives in the Olthoi North!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Yanshi has suddenly become popular again. I've heard that a Virindi and a Sclavus have taken up in the ruins, professing their allegiance to new leaders. I can only see ill coming from this."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yeah, we're all talking again. But the truth of the matter is that we're still unhappy. Tumeroks and Lugians standing by our side! Ha! Tell them to leave us alone in the wilderness, then we'll talk peace."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
No new messages this month.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.