May 2008 - Announcements Page
- Items with Cooldown timers now have a visible countdown on their icon. This should allow players to more easily tell when an item is ready to be used again.
- Locked fellowships will now transfer leadership to the next in line when the leader drops so that the leader can be re-invited. There will only be a 15 minute window in which this option is viable. So if after 15 minutes, the leader has not returned, they will not be able to be re-invited to the fellowship. This fix also resolves the issue of players not being able to rejoin a fellowship after being dropped more than once.
- Players awareded compensation for recent server downtime. Speak to one of the Royal Guards to be given a Writ of Apology (one per character), which can then be exchanged at the Royal Quartermaster.
- You are eligible for a compensation item in return for our 2008 server problems. Please visit a Royal Guard in Holtburg, Yaraq, Shoushi, or Samsur for further instructions on how to claim your compensation.
- 2008 Live Events (May 20th - Crystal Creator)
- Clutch of Kings - title tokens removed and xp reward updated. New Exp reward: ??
- Invoker Quest - xp reward updated from 4 million to 30% PXP up to lvl 100 (28 million).
Exchange token removed and title now awarded directly for the following quests:
- The Deep (Vissidal)
- Mucky Moarsman Kill Task
- Benek Niffis Kill Task
- Shallows Gorger Kill Task
- Remoran Sea Raptor Kill Task
- Candrus Steady-Hand - 65.8S 45.3W just west of Graveyard
- Francisco the Hunter - 90.7N, 43.0W in Eastwatch
- Guard Al'Zira - in Beach Fort
- Guard Bey - 59.8S 88.2W in Ayan Baqur
- Guard Liaza - 40.8N 83.0W in Redspire
- Guard Taizo - 28.0S 95.5E in Tou-Tou
- Jawaq ibn Janath - 65.3S 42.3W east of Graveyard
- Joku Shunja - 60.1S 88.0W in Ayan Baqur
- Jondor Torgren - 13.6N 0.7E in Zaikhal
- Kousu Temo - 64.2S 44.0W north of Graveyard
- Marcus Danby - 23.4N 28.8W in Danby's Outpost
- Qurakh al-Taal - 59.9S 87.9W in Ayan Baqur
- Royal Guards - 42.1N 33.7E in Holtburg; 2.8S 19.5E in Samsur; 33.8S 72.5E in Shoushi; 21.6S 1.4W in Yaraq (among other locations) - Give Writ of Apology and rewards for orders from Royal Quartermaster.
- Royal Quartermaster - 2.8S 19.6E in Samsur
- Vierana du Canamorra - 60.0S 87.8W in Ayan Baqur
- Hurnmel the Smith - New location and new items.
- Ayan Baqur Moarsman Fort
- Beach Fort Moarsman Fort
- Blight Rat Bunker
- Blight Revenant Pit
- Congregation of Blight Spirits
- Danby's Outpost Moarsman Fort
- Eastwatch Moarsman Fort
- Mhoire Armory
- Redspire Moarsman Fort
- Tou-Tou Moarsman Fort
- - now does bludgeoning damage (instead of pierce).
- now does bludgeoning damage (instead of pierce).
- - Updated with the new Mhoire symbol
- Blight Spirit
- Corrupted Maiden
- East Armory Captain
- North Armory Captain
- South Armory Captain
- West Armory Captain
- Tainted Desolation Moarsman
- Tainted Disgusting Moarsman
- Tainted Grimy Moarsman
- Tainted Pallid Moarsman
- Tainted Putrid Moarsman
- Tainted Rank Moarsman
Viamontian Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "We have received reports that there are new secret societies being formed. What can they be up to?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Fool capering around the Graveyard in the Direlands has been spotted summoning a portal to some armory. This bears investigation."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard that some of the mainlanders that offered rewards for others to do their work for them have become more generous with their payoffs."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Bloodless queen wishes to bestow gifts of apology upon her people. You might as well visit Holtburg, Shoushi, Yaraq, or Samsur in order to take advantage of this - the more taken from her, the weaker she will be, right?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Our spies report that three scouts representing, perhaps, competing organizations have taken up stations around that Empyrean Graveyard in the Direlands."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are fish creatures raiding our shores! King Varicci commands that they be turned back!"
- Town Crier tells you, "We have received reports that the Tumerok known as Aun Aulakhe has decided to be more generous with the quest rewards he offers. It may behoove you to investigate."
- Town Crier tells you, "Our agents report that there is an Arcanum archivist named Jondor Torgren in Zaikhal may know something about those three scouts that have set up camps around the Empyrean Graveyard. If these scouts represent new powers in the realm, then certainly they must be investigated. Go see what this archivist is about."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are two Viamontian outposts afflicted by the Tainted Moarsmen. There are loyal servants in each location waiting to give you more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have reports that new secret societies have arisen, in response to the threat, or opportunity, posed by these ley line disturbances. It does not seem that they are recruiting new members... yet."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard that the Bloodless royal guards that offer bounties on the Burun Kings have made their rewards more substantial. While we discourage assistance of the Bloodless queen's minions, even if we are officially at peace, you may wish to seek them out."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Jester is looking for something. Perhaps now is a good time to persuade him to support King Varicci alone. See what he requires and extol the glory of our people."
Mainland Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Trustworthy sources claim that the Jester has been investigating buried structures in the Graveyard."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Some of the citizens of Dereth who offered rewards for adventurers to help them with quests have made their rewards more generous."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors report that three scouts with mysterious allegiances have established separate camps at the periphery of the Empyrean Graveyard. No word yet on why they are there."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors say that new secret societies have formed in Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "Queen Elysa has decreed that those affected by the instability of the world should be compensated from her coffers! Speak to a Royal Guard in Holtburg, Yaraq, Shoushi, or Samsur for more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "Monsters! Monsters have started to emerge from the depths! Asheron save us all!"
- Town Crier tells you, "There are four outposts which Queen Elysa considers under her control which have reported problems with the Tainted Moarsmen. In each location, someone has been given the responsibility of studying the new Moarsmen."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that the guards who offer bounties on the Burun Kings have changed the rewards they offer. They are now prepared to be more generous."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have word that three scouts have shown up around the fringes of the Empyrean Graveyard. The Arcanum archivist Jondor Torgren of Zaikhal might know more."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Jester has asked for help retrieving a lost item in the Empyrean Graveyard."
- Town Crier tells you, "We also hear that Aun Aulakhe has decided to offer more generous rewards for the quest he seeks assistance with."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors say that new secret societies have formed, maybe because of all the things going on with ley lines. However, it does not appear that they are accepting new members... yet."
Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I was going to offer you a reward, like Queen Elysa's done. Then I realized I can't be as generous as she is because I'm dirt poor and I have to beg even for life's necessities, like frosty pints of stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "If you ask me, it's a day late and a pyreal short for those Royal Guards to change the bounties they were offering on the Burun Kings. Weren't these problems taken care of years ago? I mean, how silly is it, to think that people can just keep going back and killing the same poor dumb frog over and over again? Oh, wait, never mind."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh yes, secret societies abound in Ispar. I myself am a proud member of the Order of the Full, Frosty Mug of Stout. That's a hint, kid. Bring me some stout and I'll show you our secret handshake."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "More monsters rising up out of the sea? Now they're all over the place! I know they're looking for me. Darned sea monsters, they're always after me lucky stout!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Why did someone release that crazy, lunatic nut-ball in the Graveyard? It wasn't you, was it? Because I'd hit you so hard, your face would recall to Ispar."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ah, you're a lifesaver, kid. Wish I could offer you rewards like Queen Elysa's done. I'll tell you what, I'll give you something if you pull my... No, wait, you probably wouldn't consider that a reward."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh yeah, so I did tell you I'd show you our secret society's secret handshake if you brought me some stout... Well, uh, you don't have enough hands, kid. It's a very complex handshake."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So, I decided to share a mug of my personal stock with the newcomer in the Graveyard."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Turns out that the Jester doesn't drink. Says he never touches the stuff. Says he has to keep his guard up against the "lalalalalas," whatever those are."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Jester, the absolutely hands down nuttiest Siraluun I've ever met, said that drink clouds his perception!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know what I think. I think he's afraid it would do the opposite. I think if it quelled the crazy for a bit he would have to face everything he's done."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't trust someone who won't sit and have a drink and a chat with you."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I know all about those secret societies. They're all Virindi front operations. You'll see. You'll do all they want you to do, risk your life, sell your soul, and then, at the end, when you get inducted into the final circle of secrets, the Virindi will come out, turn your brains to applesauce, and slurp it right out of your skull with a straw."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "How do I know this? You don't want to know."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ho ho ho, I know what the Jester is about, finally. The cards, the long-lost lover, everything... He's just some fool who got in over his head with the casino bosses. Yep, I think we can blame Monty the Munificent and his cohorts for this. Oh, you say the Jester's been around for thousands of years longer than the casinos have been? Well, maybe I know something you don't know, kid. Nobody likes a know-it-all."