Empowered Armor of Perfect Light Quests
|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Ithaenc Quiddity Seed Quest|
|Starts With:||Emissary of Asheron|
|Starts At:||Asheron's Castle|
|Route:||Eastham to Asheron's Island portal at 17.9N, 64.3E.|
Walkthrough & Notes
- To begin this quest, you must first have spoken with Asheron located in his sanctum. Since the introduction of this quest, Asheron has been replaced by an Emissary of Asheron located in the base of Asheron's Tower."
- Go to Ft. Tethana. After you speak with the emissary, head to Aun Aemaua located at 1.6N,71.7W in Fort Teth. He will tell you to go to the Ithaenc Seed at Ithaenc Cathedral.
- The Ithaenc Quiddity Seed is located at rear of Ithaenc Cathedral. Use the Recall to Sanctuary, and head up the stairs to the read balcony.
- The drop is safe. Head down and speak with Shade of Dule.
- The dungeon is small, but full of deadly Virindi called Dream Marauders. At the end you will find the Thief of Dreams, a virindi boss that drops . Only one skull is needed per fellowship. Grab the skull and return it to Shade of Dule.
- Dule will summon a portal to the next dungeon. He will summon more portals if spoken too again, should anyone die or get lost.
- Inside the dungeon are powerful shadows and grievvers on a very fast respawn. It is best not to try to fight your way through. From the drop, head east down a ramp and continue east until you get to a locked olthoi style door. Wait there until the door is opened, and then go through and kill until it closes again. To open the door, one person should run east from the drop down the ramp, take a left (heading north), and press the button on the wall of the second room, then continue on to meet up with the rest of the group at the locked door. The door stays open for a minute or two. Once everyone is through the door, mages can begin to vuln creatures in the pit below. This pit is the final room and location of the Shade of Bael'Zharon.
- When the group is ready, jump down in the pit. Melees are best to clear the grievvers while mages take out the Black breaths. The Shade of Bael'Zharon is a large creature, and wall and volley/blast spells are highly effective. Note that it's creature type is "Hopeslayer" so shadow slayer weapons and wands will not increase damage.
- When the Shade of Bael'Zharon is dead, everyone should loot the . He drops 10 claws, so you may have to kill again if your group is larger. He respawns in approx 5 – 10 minutes.
- Return the claw to Aun Aemaua for your rewards.
Dungeons & Maps
|Ithaenc Quiddity Seed||82.7S, 93.4E||--||--|
|Give the Claw of the Hopeslayer to Aun Aemaua|
|Experience:||129,932,574 (40% up to level 150)|
|Quest Repeat:||64,966,287 (20% up to level 150)|
|Titles:||Hope of the Past|
|Give the Quiddity Ingot to Aun Aemaua|
|Give the Empowered Pauldrons to the Emissary of Asheron|
|Experience:||16,241,571 (5% up to level 150)|
Click image for full size version.
- Opening Dialog
- Emissary of Asheron tells you, "Welcome, I'm glad you've come."
- Emissary of Asheron tells you, "Let's see if you have had any success with the Quiddity Seeds I told you of."
- Emissary of Asheron tells you, "The first Quiddity Seed lies in the Planar Collegium in the Lyceum at Knorr."
- Emissary of Asheron tells you, "The second alludes me. Speak with the Aun Tumeroks at Fort Tethana."
- Emissary of Asheron tells you, "The third is known to an apparition in the Northern Desert."
- Aun Aemaua
- Aun Aemaua tells you, "Aha! Another worthy adventurer. You have spoken with Lord Asheron about the threats to the realm, have you? Excellent. I would have you seek out the Quiddity Seed that materialized in Ithaenc Cathedral down in the Vesayen Isles. It is a gateway to a strange realm, both of this world and not... A realm in which memories and dreams acquire tangible form... Aerbax wishes to destroy the realm's memories of the defeat of Bael'Zharon! Such a thing is not to be borne! You must take a group and journey into the Quiddity Seed, the device by which Aerbax manipulates our collective memories, and defeat his designs!"
- The Quiddity Seed thrums in response to your touch, and a surge of portal energy washes over you, ushering you into a strange, half-real dream realm...
- Shade of Dule
- Shade of Dule tells you, "Human! You can help end my bizarre imprisonment here by that unjumped bag of air Aerbax. Some half-formed shade of the Hopeslayer himself awaits in the chambers below! An agent of Aerbax, a creature known as the Thief of Dreams, has taken the skull of Avoren Palacost, and seeks to destroy humanity's accomplishment in defeating Bael'Zharon! You must act quickly, and stop the Thief of Dreams from coming through here with the skull! Take the skull from him and bring it to me, and I shall open the way for you and your comrades to assault the shade of the Hopeslayer..."
- Giving Avoren's Skull to Shade of Dule
- Shade of Dule tells you, "Yes... you have the skull of little Avoren Palacost. Such a sweet-natured boy he was, the light of his father's life. What lengths we go to, for the sake of our offspring. But I suppose I would not know. Hand me the skull and I can help you find the Hopeslayer's lair, and hopefully you will be able to interrupt the schemes of this Aerbax upstart and free me from this ungracious prison."
- You give Shade of Dule Avoren's Skull.
- Shade of Dule says, "Well done! The skull of poor young Avoren. Ilservian's rage was so great... But this sentimentality serves no one, does it? I am now one step closer to freedom from this prison realm that Aerbax constructed. The Hopeslayer of this dream realm will never recover this skull, and will thus remain vulnerable... But you all have more work to do. You must defeat this shade of my former master. I believe your agent of Asheron waiting in the "real" world seeks some trophy of the encounter... A claw will do, and there ought to be enough claws on that beast to supply all of you..."
- Giving Claw of the Hopeslayer to Aun Aemaua
- You give Aun Aemaua Claw of the Hopeslayer.
- You've earned 129,932,574 experience.
- Aun Aemaua tells you, "Well done! What an exceedingly strange artifact! A claw of Bael'Zharon retrieved from the dream realm of the Quiddity Seed... You have done a great thing, by helping foil Aerbax's plans to destroy our memories of the triumph against Bael'Zharon. You certainly deserve your reward..."
- Aun Aemaua has granted you the title "Hope of the Past".
- Aun Aemaua gives you Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light.
- Aun Aemaua tells you, "And there is this curious artifact, some kind of mysterious ingot that seems to be a remnant of the Hopeslayer's energy from that strange dream realm... Perhaps you should hold on to it. It may be useful later."
- Aun Aemaua gives you Quiddity Ingot.
- Aun Aemaua tells you, "If you had a group of friends who helped you defeat the shade of Bael'Zharon, they will have to give me the claws they collected individually."
- Giving Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light to Emissary of Asheron
- You allow Emissary of Asheron to examine your Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light.
- Emissary of Asheron tells you, "Perhaps you would rather have some experience in exchange for this?"
- Emissary of Asheron tells you, "Very well."
- You hand over 1 of your Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Lights.
- You've earned 16,241,571 experience.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.