Related topics: Sir Joffre Tremblant
|Related Pages Images References|
The Aluvian Lord Sir Joffre Tremblant of Rithwic is one of the members of the Knights of the Golden Flame. It was rumored he and Lady Tallial of Neydisa Castle were in an "affectionate" relationship. and she grieved deeply after his disappearance.
During one of his explorations, he and his exploration party, consisting of Yarick Pathwarden, Palomar Ben-Cabalah, Ion Lundgren, Fidisa the Agile and Luma Homini, disappeared. Though it was rumored he might have been caught in the middle of the dispute between Neydisa Castle and Bandit Castle, slain by the wild beasts in that area or trapped because of bad weather, there was another reason for his disappearance.
It turned out, he not only searched for, but after a long search and puzzling over the Rune Inscriptions on Gelidite Standing Stones  , indeed discovered the Lost City of Frore. These Standing Stones are later on referred to as "Tremblant Standing Stones"
During the exploration, the party, including Sir Tremblant, was slain and turned into undead slaves by the Gelidites. 
Fidisa was the first of the party to be killed after a first scouting of the caves and the discovery of artifacts. The party moved on, but dwindling supplies, the cold and the attacks of the undead weakened them, and after Luma was killed by undead, they fled back to the gates of Frore. Here, Sir Tremblant was slain by Fenngar, and Palomar by Ferundi.
Yarick and Ion managed to escape, but got lost in the tunnels and died. The corpses of Sir Tremblant, Fadisi and Luma could not be retrieved and a memorial can be found at the entrance of the Mountain Cavern.
The Gelidites were able to prevent Joffre Tremblant from resurrecting at his Lifestone and so transformed him into an undead minion. Sir Joffre's lover, Lady Tallial of Neydisa, became worried and sends out an urgent call for all to try to find him.
The second expedition of Isparians was more successful. They killed the leaders of the Gelidites (Ferundi, Fenngar and Frisander) at the Gates of Frore. Deeper in the tunnels they found Frisirth, defended by the now undead Sir Tremblant, and killed him. The Gelidite necromancer controlled Sir Tremblant, who pleaded for death even as he was magically forced to defend his master. After this, The Great Work was destroyed.
- Sir Joffre Tremblant says, "...cold..."
- Sir Joffre Tremblant says, "...help...can't...stop..."
- Sir Joffre Tremblant says, "...Frisirth controls...me..."
- Sir Joffre Tremblant says, "...make it...stop..."
- Sir Joffre Tremblant says, "...mercy...please..."
- Sir Joffre Tremblant says, "...kill me..."
- Sir Joffre Tremblant says, "...so cold..."
Appearances In Game
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1999/12 Sudden Season - The Tremblant Party (Gharu'ndim)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2000/01 Dark Thaw - Memorial
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2000/01 Dark Thaw - General History of Dereth Vol. I
- ↑ 2000/06 The Paths of Destruction - General History of Dereth Vol. VI
- ↑ 1999/12 Sudden Season - Gormling's Note
- ↑ Heroes' Respite--Solclaim, PY 11 (May, 2000)
- ↑ 1999/12 Sudden Season - Rollout Article
- ↑ 1999/12 Sudden Season - The Tremblant Party (Aluvian)
- ↑ 1999/12 Sudden Season - The Tremblant Party (Sho)
- ↑ 1999/12 Sudden Season - Hasty Note
- ↑ 1999/12 Sudden Season - Brief Note
- ↑ 1999/12 Sudden Season - Quick Note
- ↑ 2005/09 Under Cover of Night - Geowulf's Journal (Logs 1-2)
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 1999/12 Sudden Season - Yarick's Journal
- ↑ The History of Auberean/Volume V: New Arrivals (-540 to 13)
- ↑ 2000/01 Dark Thaw - The Lost City of Frore
- ↑ Should the Stars Fall/The Child of Daralet--Leafcull to Frostfell, PY 11 / (November to December, 2000)
- ↑ 2000/01 Dark Thaw - Return to Frore