(BASED ON THE "TRAIN ARCANE" COMMENT, THIS IS A VERY OLD TEMPLATE AND MAY NO LONGER BE EFFECTIVE. BE ADVISED)
Mage Slayer (PvP)
End-Game Innate Attributes
This PvP template, for the moderately skilled, is designed for advantage over the war mage, which is what most people play on Darktide. The offensive advantage is found through the ability to effectively attack from a distance (without having to spend hours and hours perfecting a "cast") use of a magic absorbing bow, high health reserve, and maximized ability to heal when low on hit points. Played moderately well, it would take a maxed out war mage nearly 4 consecutive hits to kill you. By healing liberally and not standing still like an idiot, you're invincible to them. Theoretically, with all the time in the world you only have to wait long enough to achieve either 2 consecutive critical hits or lure the mage into taking a foolish risk and you'll win every time.
Template doesn't mature until level 180. You are the dream come true for any melee opponent with missile defense. Against them, all you can do is use every cheap tactic in the book - debuffs, drains, curse of raven fury, shield, chug, run and call for backup. For melees that don't have missile defense you can do equivalent damage with a weeping bow on full speed. But really, on Darktide you'll be fighting mages the vast majority of the time.
You will have 0 credits remaining
- At level 16, train Life Magic.
- At level 40, train Creature Enchantment.
- At level 85, with one skill credit quest complete, specialize Melee Defense. Also begin collecting the attribute and skill redistribution gems needed to switch to the end-game template. 2x Unspec/train melee defense, specialize healing, specialize magic defense, 9x quickness to endurance, and 3x strength to focus gems are needed in total.
- At level 100, with the second skill credit quest complete train Arcane Lore.
- At level 125, begin collecting augmentation gems.
- At level 150, specialize Life Magic.
- At level 180 (or later if you wish to continue leveling), use saved up skill/attribute redistribution gems to switch to the end-game template.