The chests vary in the probability of what they will contain. All chests can produce any item, but a weapon chest will contain mostly weapons most of the time, research/mage chests will contain mostly VIII spell components, armor will contain mostly armor, and the equipment chests will contain a mix of mostly armor and weapons. Advanced chests will contain more jewelry and clothing items.
Each Mana Forge also has an Arcanum Quota Officer who gives a single use key in exchange for 10 Pristine Mana Shards (up to five times per week, 150+) and an Arcanum Mana-smith who gives a key for 25 Pristine Mana Shards for those below 150 in level. There is also an Arcanum Broker at each forge who will buy unwanted loot from the chests and a Garbage Barrel for junk loot.
Mana Forge Chests
|Mana Forge Chest||Items||Commonly Found||Rarely Found|
|Advanced Equipment Chest||7||
|Mixed Equipment Chest||7||
How to Obtain Keys
- MFK Quests - Complete certain quests to obtain Mana Forge Keys with various numbers of uses.
- Adventurer's Tokens - complete certain quests and tasks to obtain Adventurer's Tokens. Turn in 10 tokens to Rand, Game Hunter in Holtburg for a Mana Forge Key.
- Alternative Currency Tokens - Purchase special tokens from the alternative currency vendors. Turn a token in to the Arcanum Mana-smith for a Mana Forge Key.
- Hero Tokens - Collect Hero Tokens from Live Events or purchase from other players. Use the Hero Tokens at Pevilo ibn Djimin in Arwic to purchase Boxed Mana Forge Keys.
- Add Aetheria Desiccant to unwanted red Aetheria and give the resulting dust (10 per key, 50 per week) to Cypher the Apprentice in Xarabydun (changed from blue, yellow and red to just red in Quiet Before the Storm).
Lore & Dialog
- Arcanum Mana-smith tells you, "Welcome to the Mana Forge!"
- Arcanum Mana-smith tells you, "This wonderful place is one of three locations where the Arcanum is putting the wonders of the Ley Lines to work for the betterment of all Dereth."
- Arcanum Mana-smith tells you, "If you wish to partake of the works of the Mana Forges, there is something you must do."