February 2012 - Announcements Page
- Patch Date: 21 February 2012
- Patch Size: 10,637k (Client: 4,632k)
- Hot Fix: 276k (24 February)
Weapon Skill Update
Weapon skills have been revamped. See Weapon Skill Changes for details.
- Weapons have been updated to use the new combat skills. Many weapons were also rebalanced.
- Any item with a weapon skill spell and/or cantrip will be updated to one of the new skills.
- Weapon Mastery was introduced and all new characters will now start with a weapon that matches their skill and weapon mastery combination.
- New spells have been added for the Shield, Recklessness, Dual Wield, Dirty Fighting, and Sneak Attack Skills.
- All Creatures have also been updated to use the new skills.
- Base damage of quarrels significantly increased.
- Increased maximum damage of loot two handed weapons to compensate for the one handed melee damage increase.
- Multi-Strike weapons should now be able to be tinkered (only the new ones).
- Rare gems added for the new Shield, Recklessness, Dual Wield, Dirty Fighting, and Sneak Attack Skills.
- Loot-generated Thrown Weapons no longer mention the Strength attribute
- Upon logging in, existing players will be able to receive a free Quest Weapon from a selected list on a vendor and 6 tokens to purchase Foolproof Salvage and other special weapon tinkers, refer to Weapon Augmentation Stacking for further details.
- New skill spells can now be found on Cloaks.
- Added rare gems for the new Shield, Recklessness, Dual Wield, Dirty Fighting, and Sneak Attack Skills.
- All Gearcrafting interactions and spells have been migrated over to Item Tinkering.
- All Players who had specialized Gearcrafting will receive a refund of the experience spent.
User Interface Updates
- The Character Info Panel now displays which masteries your character has above Luminance.
- There is a New +10 Skill Up Button that can be used to add 10 points to a Skill at a time.
- Cloaks with the chance to reduce incoming damage by 200 have been reduced to 100 for PvP circumstances.
- The Luminance cap has been increased from 1 million to 1.5 million.
- Mana Forge Chests now drop 1 additional item (A Total of 7). The number of items in the MFK chests increased from 6 to 7 and the profiles changed slightly. Weapons were changed to Finesse, Light, Heavy and Missile. Also the Shard Mana Forge Equipment Chests were removed and replaced with additional Weapon chests.
- Grand Casino Chest loot quality has been adjusted to match Mana Forge chests.
- 02/26/12 - HG - Lady Tairla Mhoire Attacks
- 02/26/12 - Wintersebb - Corrupted Pyre Oak
- A Corrupted Pyre Oak spawned near the town of Ayan Baqur together with many Pyre Skeletons, Pyre Champions and Pyre Minions.
- During the attack and afterwards, a chest giving you Mana Forge Keys, a Luminance Wisp which awarded 5,000 Luminance were present. Also Mana Forge Keys kept spawning on the ground
- Afterwards, Hero Tokens spawned on the ground, the chest and the Wisp stayed around for about 15 minutes total.
- The Legend of the Tusker Paw - New statues for the new skills, also statues added for Void Magic and Two Handed Combat.
- Bandit Hilt Quest - Retired. Multi-Strike weapons are now found in Loot.
- Silifi of Crimson Night Quest - Completed weapon now has Crushing Blow instead of Biting Strike.
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- Emissary of Asheron (Free Weapons)
- Emissary of Asheron (Weapon Imbues)
- Emissary of Asheron (Melee Rares)
- Free Weapon Vendor
- Weapon Imbue Vendor
- Melee Rare Vendor
- Changer of Innate Abilities - Racial skills retired and all NPCs removed from game.
- The NPC Alex Brummel who supplies the Tristra's Essence augmentation was removed from game.
- See Quest Weapon Updates for a list of all quest weapons changed.
- See the Special:WhatLinksHere for this article for a list all articles linking here.
- Your trained Staff skill has been removed. All the experience and skill credits that you spent on this skill have been refunded to you.
- Your specialized Item Tinkering skill has been removed. All the experience and skill credits that you spent on this skill have been refunded to you.
- The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset due to skill changes.
- Your opportunity to change your skills is renewed! Visit Fianhe to reset your skills.
- Your opportunity to change your attributes is renewed! Visit Chafulumisa to reset your skills [sic attributes].
- Asheron has gathered weapons to help the heroes of Dereth adapt to recent advances in combat training! Find Asheron's diamond golem in Arwic to claim your free weapon.
- Your available skill credits have been adjusted.
- Town Crier tells you, "There's been a lot of activity in Arwic lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "News has come back that another section of Mhoire castle has opened up. I wonder what it could be."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen people fighting with *TWO* weapons at the same time! How on Dereth are they doing that?!?"
- Town Crier tells you, "With the massive retraining the adventurers of Dereth have been doing, Asheron has sent several emissaries to aid with the transitions."
- Town Crier tells you, "A new Oubliette has opened up deep within Mhoire Castle. Be ready for anything in there as it sounds dangerous."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Adventurers of Dereth have mastered several new styles of combat, including wielding a weapon in each hand!"
Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Those Mana Forge Chests seem to be filled more than usual."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Of course a chest filled with more worthless stuff is still just as worthless."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear Asheron is giving out some free weapons."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I remember a time when you went out and earned things for yourself."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "No wonder I drink so much."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I can't think of a reason I'd want to wield two weapons at once."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "There is hardly a challenge with only one weapon."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Where did I leave my weapon?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "There's been some talk about new styles of combat."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "What I wonder is how can someone fight in both a finesse and reckless style at the same time."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'll stick to drunken sword fighting."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I pulled some strings and got the casino to improve those Grand chests of theirs."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Better take advantage of it before they realize the odds aren't in their favor anymore."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I saw a cute little Ursuin Cub the other day. I tried to pat it on the head. Cute little teeth on that cub. See my cute little bite mark?"
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! We believe Mairisa bint Fuda would be interested in a glowing box long lost in Frore."
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Find the box, deliver it to her, and I shall reward you."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "This month we have decided that Xavier could use a hand in collect the Missives to the World Shaper."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Collect the notes from the Olthoi Chasm, get them translated, and bring them to Xavier. Do this task and I shall reward you."
Niccolo De Luca
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "This month we have decided that Bleeargh needs help in retrieving the Necklace of Leerargh."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Find this necklace and I shall reward you for your efforts."