Menhir rings are ancient relics found on Dereth. They predate the Falatacot civilization. The only words the Old Ones ever spoke of them, if speech it may be called, amount to, "Do not ask us of these artifacts, and do not disturb them."
Menhir rings appear to be tied to the greater story of Auberean. Various pieces of lore hint at the purpose behind the Menhir rings and the ley lines, suggesting they may be what is keeping the Shadow God imprisoned in the core of the world.
- Menhir rings with a mana field are marked with
- Confirmed or very likely menhir rings without a mana field are marked with
- Possible, but unconfirmed or unlikely menhir rings are marked with
- Menhir mana fields without a menhir ring are marked with
- The related Ley Line Nodes are marked with
- A mana field is any location that heals mana with the following message: You feel a great swell of power rise from the ground beneath you, restoring # points of your mana.
- For the purposes of this map, menhir rings are only marked with if they restore mana. Their role in the Menhir Research quest is not taken into account. (At the moment, some may be mislabeled)
- Aerlinthe locations - The three menhir ring/possible menhir ring locations on Aerlinthe have been placed above the island. This was done because they are all inside dungeons, and rather than have them clustered together on the island they have been placed above it.
- The Menhir ring in Aerfalle's Sanctum is in the final room, as seen in the Old Ghosts Splash Screen. It has a mana field.
- The Menhir ring in the Aerlinthe Lower Reservoir is very large, and made up of many stones in the large cave area just beyond the entrance. Although it has no mana field and is never specifically called a 'menhir ring', it is called an 'Old Ring' by the Yalaini and Aerfalle herself calls it an 'old stone-ring' and implies that it is a menhir ring her letter.
- The possible Menhir ring listed at Aerfalle Keep is the ring of standing stones that surrounds the drop point.
- Society Strongholds
- Celestial Hand Stronghold has two mana fields. One is behind the promotions officer in the ley line area, and another is in the pit in the armor smiths' room.
- Eldrytch Web Stronghold has two mana fields, in the same spots as the celestial hand, and the one behind the promotions officer has a menhir ring.
- Radiant Blood Stronghold has one mana field behind the promotions officer in the ley line area.