January 2001 - Announcements Page
- Level VII spells introduced.
- Fellowships that consist entirely of players level 50 and above now share XP equally, regardless of how far apart in level players are from the fellowship leader.
- You can now apply a hilt to daggers and certain light swords to give them the Multi-Strike ability.
- Unique Steel Chests have started to appear on the landscape.
- Yoroi and scale mail cuirasses no longer use the same icon.
- Overlord's Sword Quest - The Overlord now carries a key and his loot has been moved to a chest.
- Archmages - All wilderness and outskirt archmages now sell tapers; lead, iron, copper, and silver scarabs; and all trade notes.
- Master Mages - Now sell the new town Portal Gems and Platinum Scarabs.
- Now sell all tapers and scarabs including the new Platinum Scarabs:
- Archmage Zarri ibn Khaybi - Now sells Gold and Pyreal Scarabs
- Caulnalain Vestibule - Upper level restriction changed to 40 (was level 26-35).
- Fenmalain Vestibule - Upper level restriction changed to 30 (was level 10-25).
- Cameron's Curse
- Crushing Shame
- Pummeling Storm
- Thousand Fists
- Sau Kolin's Sword
- Flensing Wings
- Rending Wind
- Outlander's Insolence
- The Spike
- Stinging Needles
- Ilservian's Flame
- Silencia's Scorn
- Sizzling Fury
- Blizzard (Spell)
- Icy Torment
- Sudden Frost
- Winter's Embrace
- Luminous Wrath
- Alset's Coil
- Lhen's Flare
- Corrosive Flash
- Celdiseth's Searing
- Dissolving Vortex
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors fly around Dereth about the death of Bael'Zharon. Some say he was banished, others say he was killed. Still others say that his disappearance is all a feint, meant to lure us into complacency."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The forces of Bael'Zharon are in retreat as Isparians across Dereth rose up to challenge the Hopeslayer."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The water has returned back to its normal color, and the moons are back as well. I'm glad, it was starting to get on my nerves!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Sir Alayne of the Dereth Exploration Society is running a program to acclimate new residents of Dereth in these times of strife. For more information, you should seek out his agents in the nine arrival-nexus towns."
- Town Crier tells you, "Large numbers of Tumeroks seem to have vanished from the Direlands! We have not yet heard any reports of why."
- Town Crier tells you, "Sir Alayne of the Dereth Exploration Society has made it known that he has supplied vendors of mage supplies in most parts of Dereth with the tapers necessary for most higher level magics."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard reports of Lugians spreading west from the Linvak ranges. Some say that they have seen increased Lugian activity in the Direlands."
- Town Crier tells you, "Don't tell anyone, but I left my post for a few minutes to go do snow angels this morning."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard of puissant new spells of destruction used by war mages of high repute. I hope none of them come around here."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Virindi have been seen in scouting parties throughout most of the Direlands. I fear this bodes ill for peace and prosperity in Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard reports of most of the Undead forces in the Direlands seeking refuge in the swamps."
- Town Crier tells you, "I overheard the archmage in Lin bragging about a fresh new shipment of pyreal scarabs he brought in the other day. It seems like a small group of mages banded together to buy some. Something about increased purchasing power."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors fly about the whereabouts of the traitor to Bael'Zharon, Isin Dule, but we have no verifiable reports about his current location."
- Town Crier tells you, "Empyrean artifacts known colloquially as peas have apparently become quite the collector's item for some undead and other creatures."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard a rumor of a dagger master clearing out swathes of his enemies within seconds. Silly, huh? Everyone knows you need an unarmed master for that."
- Town Crier tells you, "The master archmages Celdiseth, Fadsahil al-Tashbi, and Shoyanen Kenchu have finally managed to replicate the Empyrean feat of casting permenant portals! Well, in a way. The reclusive masters are now selling portal summoning gems to the nine arrival-nexus towns, as well as their own doorsteps. These artifacts are quite pricy, though!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Here's a word of warning, "Don't trust Ketnan!" What? Fine, that was three words. I'm a scholar, not a mathematician!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I see Virindi people."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Of course the Virindi want me dead! I'm the only one who's on to their nefarious plots! It's a testament to my power and dedication that I've managed to stay alive this long. Be careful. The worst is yet to come."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I got paid a little visit from Asheron the other day. He was a little upset with all these rumors floating around about him and Elysa. I don't actually think he could turn me into a...but just in case, I'm sure all these sordid, mysterious details about their relationship are actually prim and proper."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Although he was very upset. I heard strong passions can do that to a man."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Well now that Claude is officially Mr. Ayan Baqur, I hope he reaches out to some of the humans in the community. All of this Virindi versus humans stuff hurts the very social fabric of Ayan Baqur! Even if the mask-faces are a bunch of lying and sniveling morons!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You didn't hear that from me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You'll notice that Bael'Zharon didn't attack me. He knew the consequences of that folly, yes sir!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know, the more I think about it, Bael'Zharon probably isn't that bad of a guy after all. If I had to live here for thousands of years, I'd probably go a little crazy too."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Hah! I knew those goats would lose to the anointed. I may not be all there, but I am here, eh?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I told those mages, "Your shops are a disaster. You never have what people need, why do you expect them to come to your store?" I only asked for a small cut of the profits for my advice. I'm sure the first payment will be coming in any day."
- Rollout Article
- Release Notes
- Letter to the Players
- Letter to the Players 2
- Pages from the Producer
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.