June 2004 - Announcements Page
- Marae Lassel
- Many updates have been made to the island including changes to dungeons, creature spawns, level requirements and improvements to quest items.
- Former Town Crier rumors can now be purchased at the Barkeeps on ML with icons indicative of their related content difficulty.
- Portals to the island can now be tied, summoned and recalled to.
- Bind Stones have now been activated for use.
- Other changes:
- Apprentice Crafter Rewards
- Carved Gemstone Lockpicks Quest
- Chorizite Veined Shield Quest
- Coarse Hide Shirt and Distilled Mana Potions
- The Homunculus
- Ornate Tumerok Breastplate and Horned Lugian Helm
- Renegade Bone Charm Quest
- Renegade Herbal Kits
- Yaja's Reach Quest
- Aun Golem Hunters
- Rewards doubled from 3 to 6.
- Experience reward added for completing each task.
- Aun Tanua's War Taiaha Quest
- Elari Wood Bow
- New improved Sublime Elari Wood Bow available.
- Old rewards nerfed
- Expired potions added
- Gaerlan's Citadel
- Experience reward for handing in the Iasparailaun increased for those level 126+.
- Proving Grounds portals in Eastham moved from 17.5N, 63.4E to 17.1N, 63.0E.
- Heart of Innocence Quest - Weapons rebalanced.
- Hollow Weapons Quest - Weapons rebalanced.
- Hunting Aun Ralirea
- Aun Ralirea's was updated so his generation is no longer tied to the status of the Olthoi Queen Quest.
- Damage on Harpoon spear increased.
- Hunt for Hea Tuperea
- New improved Barbed Crop now available.
- Collars of Fealty updated.
- Olthoi Pincers
- Max. XP reward for Eviscerator pincer decreased from 3,000,000 to 2,000,000.
- Three new pincers introduced.
- Phantom Weapons Quest - Weapons rebalanced.
- Raeta's Necklace Quest
- NPC moved from 40.5N, 78.2W to 39.8N, 76.4W
- Dungeon moved from 41.6N, 78.3W to 38.9N, 76.3W
- Upper level restriction (1-15) removed.
- Virindi Scalpel Quest
- Apprentice Cook (Al-Arqas)
- Apprentice Cook (Glenden Wood)
- Apprentice Cook (Lytelthorpe)
- Apprentice Cook (Nanto)
- Apprentice Cook (Uziz)
- Apprentice Cook (Mayoi)
- Apprentice Alchemist (Lin)
- Apprentice Alchemist (Yaraq)
- Apprentice Alchemist (Shoushi)
- Apprentice Alchemist (Holtburg)
- Apprentice Alchemist (Zaikhal)
- Apprentice Alchemist (Arwic)
- Apprentice Fletcher (Eastham)
- Apprentice Fletcher (Rithwic)
- Apprentice Fletcher (Samsur)
- Apprentice Fletcher (Khayyaban)
- Apprentice Fletcher (Yanshi)
- Apprentice Fletcher (Sawato)
- Royal Guard Gabrielle
- Burun Cavern
- Crumbling Empyrean Mansion
- Mutilator Tunnels
- Olthoi Warrior Nest
- The Orphanage
- 10.2S, 59.0E - Renegade Camp
- 31.3S, 58.9E - Renegade Camp
- 34.6S, 12.3E - Renegade Camp
- 39.3S, 11.5E - Burun Oasis
- Renegade Stronghold (Lytelthorpe)
- Renegade Stronghold (Shoushi)
- Renegade Stronghold (Stonehold)
- Renegade Stronghold (Tufa)
- Lair of The Homunculus
- Sclavus Cathedral (East Dires) - Overrun with Burun; new Renegade quest items added.
- Small Complex - Updated with new creatures and quest item. Level req. updated from 15+ to 40+.
- Marae Lassel Updates:
- Aun Papileona's Shrine to Raeta - Level 1-15 req. removed, portal moved from 41.6N, 78.3W to 38.9N, 76.3W.
- Abandoned Tumerok Site - Moved from 43.8N, 83.3W to 42.0N, 82.2W.
- Bachus Flufens' Cottage - Overrun with Hea Tumeroks and Bachus has moved to Redspire. Runed Chest added.
- Lair of the Eviscerators - Now home to the new Eviscerator Pincer.
- Tumerok Cave - Level 5-20 req. removed, creatures updated and portal moved from 43.7N. 83.9W to 41.7N, 82.5W..
- Tumerok Cavern - Level 5-20 req. removed, creatures updated and portal moved from 43.9N, 87.1W to 40.2N, 84.7W.
- 40.5N, 78.2W - Tumerok Camp - Aun Papileona moved to 39.8N, 76.4W. Tumeroks and Runed Chest added.
- - Now stack to 25.
- - Rejuvenation Other II increased to III. Blood Drinker III and Biting Strike added.
- - Damage increased from 4.8 - 12 to 6.8 - 17.
- Town Crier
- The town crier's demeanor become dark and sinister.
- Town Crier tells you, "Dread be hidden in the pockets of the shadow worshippers. They are displaced from their homes and seek dark powers from graven idols. You are warned!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Woo! That was strange. Have a nice day."
- Town Crier tells you, "A terrible tragedy has befallen Bachus Flufens! A Hea raiding party invaded her farm and forced her to take refuge in Redspire - if you find her there she will tell you all about it."
- Town Crier tells you, "A passing traveler told me that the Hea Raiders up on the Marescent Plateau are carrying even more powerful weapons."
- Town Crier tells you, "Aun Ngationa up in Timaru has been studying the modifications the Hea Raiders have made to their weapons. If you have one of the older ones in your possession, he can probably make the changes for you."
- Town Crier tells you, "Behdo Yii needs our help with the Olthoi on Marae Lassel! More Olthoi nests have opened on the Marescent Plateau!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard that the butterflies have migrated over on Marae Lassel. Aun Papileona has moved his shrine to be closer to them."
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm not sure how, but there is an oasis out near Fadsahil's old shop"
- Town Crier tells you, "Marae Lassel has always been home to a great many strange beasts. It seems like everything there has moved though."
- Town Crier tells you, "My brother was on the Singularity Caul when he heard the most nerve wracking scream! I do not know if he will recover from the shock of it."
- Town Crier tells you, "Renegade activity has increased since the discovery of their fort. Gabrielle, a Royal Guard, has moved to Rithwic to give us reports on the High Queen's findings."
- Town Crier tells you, "Reports from the Singularity Caul are coming in! Adventurers are saying they are finding strange red portals across the entire island!"
- Town Crier tells you, "They say that Asheron went back home. I can't wait to see what he does, now that he's in control of the place."
- Town Crier tells you, "We, the rest of the town criers and I, think that it might be time to give up robes. Now that we can enhance all our armor at once we figure it might be time for better protection."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Are you naive enough to think Elysa runs Dereth? Hmm."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "There is a conspiracy that those in power don't want you to know. I can't tell you everything, not yet. I can tell you there is a cabal of mages in the upper echelons of our government who control every aspect of our society. Do you think that the Olthoi Invasion happened by chance?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Just ask yourself, who is the fourth man?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You think Marae Lassel is so great huh? Here's one important question you have to ask yourself
- Does it have Ulgrim on it? That should tell you all you need to know."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Someone's been staying at my house. I noticed my porridge was eaten and my bed was all mussed up. If I catch him he'll be sorry."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Guess what I'm doing tomorrow night."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The same thing I do every night."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I wish I could fly. You think with all this magic in the world we would have magical flight."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I want to fly!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I need a cape too."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "This little mosswart fellow came into town screaming about the Burun."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I gave him a drink to calm him down. He gave me a stone that smells like something plucked from a mattekar's hind quarters. I figure I'll throw it at the next Burun I see."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know, Muldaveus and Niarltah asked me to join their Renegade cause. I was going to join too..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Then they told me that they didn't supply the Breakfast Beer, Morning Mickeys, Spring-to-Action Ale, Midday Mead, Late-Night Lager or Sleepy-Time Stout. So I told them that they could take their Mattekar Swill and stuff it. My allegiance to Elysa could never be bought!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Wish I could take my sword with me. I'd at the very least like to have it on my wall at home."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know you're a real hero if you can fight naked."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.