|Introduced:||From Darkness, Light|
- This is a special item used as currency by Olthoi Soldiers and Spitters. It is used to purchase items and upgrades from the vendors on Olthoi Island.
- Obtained two ways:
- If killed by an Olthoi, a small amount may be dropped by creatures level 100 or greater. It is commonly 0-2 slag, rarely 3-6. The chance of the killed creature having slag on their corpse is based exclusively on level (IE: a level 220 creature will drop slag far more often than a level 100). It is possible that high level boss monsters such as the Tower Guardian can yield a very high amount of slag compared to other creatures.
- If killed by an Olthoi, a large amount may be dropped by players. It is commonly 0-15, but there are reports of up to 100 from a single player. Players only drop slag under the following conditions:
- The player must be over a certain level. The current estimate is level 100+. Players under level 180 will not yield much slag, if at all.
- Each time a player is killed he is less likely to drop pitted slag. This chance goes back up with time.
- Players don't drop slag if they have vitae.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.