Related topics: Printed Materials
The Quick Reference Card was a short pamphlet included in the original Asheron's Call game box along with the Asheron's Call Manual. The front features the cover art found on the game box and manual. The inside folds out into a three page spread containing lots of helpful information. The reverse side has a two page, hand rendered map of the main settled area of Osteth, labeled as being from the hand of Alatar Locke. This map has illustrations of many points of interest, and labels all of the main Osteth towns except for Tou-Tou.
- Map of Dereth -- A map which for its time was fairly detailed. It labels all the towns, the roads that connect them, and names a small number of larger geographic areas. View an online copy of the map here.
- Keyboard Controls -- A listing of the default keyboard settings the game installs with. Keys are color coded by their function, such as movement and combat.
- Chat Poses -- A list of emote commands.
- Chat Commands -- A short list of /commands needed for communication.
- Attributes and Skills -- A short summary of how attributes effect skills, the bonuses for training and specializing, and the formulas that all skills are based on.
- Art -- Five pieces of art are placed throughout the page: Two different warriors, a meeting in a bar, a Reedshark, and a Sword.
|From the hand of Alatar Locke|
- Alphus Range -- These mountains are riddled with old catacombs. Why are they here?
- Arwic Mine -- Once a mine, now infested with Drudges and Phyntos Wasps.
- Asheron's Island? -- All the tales say Asheron's keep is somewhere off the coast. Blast me if I can find it, though.
- Blackmire Swamp -- Mosswarts, Phyntos Wasps, Undead. Lost my favorite pair of boots in this godforsaken place. Lucky it wasn't more. Buried temple here? Perhaps.
- Chapel Blackspire -- This is that outdoor church where old Thorsten's funeral was held. A sad day for Dereth.
- Dryreach -- Completely besieged by Tumeroks now.
- Edelbar -- Here's where my friend Galtith died helping the townsfolk escape from Tumeroks.
- Fort Aimaru -- Since the Sho abandoned this place, nothing but drudges here.
- Glenden Wood Dungeon -- Old Empyrean prison. Banderlings and other monsters within.
- Green Mire Grave -- This is where the Green Mire Warrior was slain by mosswarts. His ghost may remain.
- Imuth Maer Doquin -- A strange old building spewing magic into the sky. Portal magic, or something else?
- Isle of Tears -- Elysa and Thorsten's old home. Thorsten's tomb is there now.
- Leikotha's Crypt -- The Empyrean hero Leikotha is buried here, and they say she isn't resting easily. Maybe whatever evil she destroyed is on its way back.
- Linvak Range -- Lugian treasure? Maybe, but they squashed most of us when we went hunting for it.
- Plains of Gaerwel -- Rich farmland - reminds me of home. Still dangerous, though: Aurochs, Reed Sharks...
- Sawato -- Pretty town, except for those man-eating Shreth.
- The Sleepless Sentinels -- Why would the Empyrean line up all these statues in the middle of nowhere? There must be some clue.
- Tufa -- There's no water at all between here and Samsur. Don't know how the Gharu'ndim live out here.
- Yushad Ridge -- How does the phrase go? "Here be monsters." Armoredillos, Gromnies, Skeletons... my advice: keep to the roads.