August 2010 - Announcements Page
Patch Size: 1,725k (Client: 4556k)
- New improved textures for Aluvian doors.
- Sunstone and Opal Gauntlets Quest - Ruined Amulet now available for the Two Handed Combat gauntlets.
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- Forgotten Tunnels
- 92.9S, 56.4W (0x8B020292)
- 93.1S, 56.9W (0x8B02026B)
- 93.6S, 56.6W (0x8B020282)
- Direlands Gear Knight Invasion Area - Walls built around the burrows Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon and the Mana Siphon (see pictures below); Gear Knights now doing missile attacks or wearing shields comparable to the Shield of the Gold Gear and the Aegis of the Gold Gear
- Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp - New NPCs: Squire Tylaen and Lintareal.
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems those who are skilled in the art of assessing their opponent have discovered a new ability."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors of a new discovery on the island known as Moarsmen City. I am too afraid to go there myself but maybe you'll be brave enough to check it out."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors that the Iron Blade Gear Knights have begun erecting walls around their excavations in the Direlands. That can't be good..."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Explorer Society has picked new challenges for adventurer's to take part in."
- Town Crier tells you, "In response to elevated Iron Blade activity, the Gear Knights under Primus Atamarr have increased their involvement in the invasion area, and are offering rewards to adventurers that help them."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Explorer Society is asking adventurer's to aid Lord Kresovus is retrieving a Coda, battle the creature known fondly as the Son of Pooky, and even to travel to Bur! Head to the town of Kara to find out more."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Societies have discovered long lost tunnels that travel under the island of Moarsmen City. They are asking their members to investigate them further. If you are a part of a Society, you may want to head there to provide aid to your brothers."
- Town Crier tells you, "Those who have studied the art of assessing other warriors have discovered a way to determine the weaknesses in their opponents armor."
Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "All those fools who I laughed at for training their senses to assess the abilities of other humans finally found a new trick. I hope they remembered to factor in the boost in damage resistance you get from being drunk."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Heh, I bet a Reedshark eats Atamarr's scroll too. Stupid Reedsharks..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "More stuff happening on Moarsmen City these days, I hate a dry desert almost as much as I hate a dry town."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Explorer Society is asking people to go hunt down the Son of Pooky. What did that little rabbit ever do to them? I'd rather have a drink with him myself, he's my kind of... rabbit I guess."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I bet those people think their assessment skills will reveal the quality of my robe for them. Well maybe I will just take it off then, let's see them assess that."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Long lost tunnels underneath Moarsmen City were found which lead to an old underground temple like area which no one knows the history of. Man, never heard something like that before..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Explorer Society expects me to go to Bur now too huh. The last time I went there the creatures of that world tried to make me the supreme overlord of the whole place, but it smelled funny so I left."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Those unfriendly Gear Knights up north are building walls now? Well, that makes it simple, just send someone in there to finish them all off, so they're trapped inside, and then people can sit up on the walls and shoot them like, well, Gear Knights in a walled-in area, or something..."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.