|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|Starts With:||Vision of Horror|
|Starts At:||Encampment near Rynthid Infested Plains at 61.6S, 63.3W|
|Contracts:||Contract for Rynthid Genesis|
Walkthrough & Notes
Part 1: Ascending the Platforms
- To begin this quest, speak with Vision of Horror located at the Encampment near Rynthid Infested Plains at 61.6S, 63.3W.
- Note: You should also speak with the other NPCs at the encampment to flag for various kill tasks which can be done concurrently with the quest.
- Make your way to the access ramp at 62.5S, 65.4W to begin climbing the platforms
- To get to the 1st of the dungeons, head up the ramp. Make a full power jump across to the southern platform, then take the west ramp. Head north to the T intersection, and turn west and head into the portal Path of Torment.
- WARNING: the dungeon drop is HOT!
- Inside the Path of Torment dungeon, head west and exit the room, then turn south. At the next split, head south.
- Note: If desired, you can flag with a crystal in this dungeon for a kill task which is part of the Rynthid Artifact Collection quest.
- Continue west until you come to a large room. In here, head north east and take the far east exit, then bear south all the way to the Platforms of Rage portal.
- From the Platforms of Rage drop, head down the ramp, and bear south down the ramp. Take the next ramp heading east and up into the Path of Rage portal.
- In the dungeon you will come to a large room. Take the 1st exit on the right bearing west.
- Note: As in the first dungeon, you can optionally flag with a crystal in this dungeon for a kill task which is part of the Rynthid Artifact Collection quest.
- After exiting the large room head east, then take the right bearing south. When you come to a 4 way split, head east until you come to a large room. In here, take the 1st left heading east. At the next split, head east and continue to the Platforms of Rage portal.
- WARNING: the drop is VERY hot!!
- From the Platforms of Rage drop, walk north and look down. You will see a platform below you with a portal to Rynthid Genesis on it. Shift-jump down onto the platform and enter the portal.
Part 2: Rynthid Genesis
- When you enter you will be standing on a grate above the floor. Jump down and head east. At the intersection there will be a door to the south. In order to continue past it you will need to pull a series of levers to open it.
- WARNING: Beyond that door, all the hallways do constant electric damage. The rooms beyond are safe, but all hallways have this lightning damage. There is no way to jump over or avoid it, but a lightning protection rare will render all damage 0. It is best to move quickly through the hallways into the larger rooms.
- To find the levers to open the door, return to the main entrance room. You will be heading to 2 different rooms, each containing a pair of levers you will need to hit.
- Note: the order in which you hit the levers does NOT matter & the hallways leading to all the lever rooms also have the electric damage.
- To get to the 1st pair of levers, head north from the main room. The hallway will split but it doesnt matter which path you take as they both meet up in the room with the levers. Hit the 2 levers, then return back to the main entrance.
- From the main entrance head south to find the second pair of levers. Again, when the hallway splits it does not matter which way you go, as they meet up in the lever room. Hit the pair of levers here, then return to the main entrance, and head east to the door which should now be open.
- Head south through the now open door, until you come to another large room. In the room is a hallway to the south, blocked by another portal door. To open it, you will need to hit the levers contained in the room to the north.
- Note: Again the hallways leading to the levers split, but it does not matter which way you go. The hallway again contains the electric damage.
- After hitting the levers in the room to the north, the portal door blocking the south hallway will open. Continue moving forward through the hallways (it does not matter if you go left or right at T intersections, they all meet up) until you come to a large room. Exit this room to the east where you will come across a room with a Corrupt Bulwark and a hallway to the south, blocked once again by a portal-door.
- When the Corrupt Bulwark dies, the portal door opens, and you may continue south until you come to a large room with a pit in the middle, and a portal down in it. This is your last chance to heal, rebuff, and prepare for the final fight. When everyone is ready, jump down into the pit and enter the portal, to begin the final fight.
- Warning: The drop is hot!
Part 3: Aspect of Avarice
- The final fight is not 1 fight, but a series of 5 successive waves. These waves of monsters get progressively tougher as you go. Immediately upon the death of the last monster for any given wave, the new wave will appear.
- In the 5th and final spawn will be the Aspect of Avarice who is accompanied by a host of minions on a VERY fast respawn. When the Aspect of Avarice dies, an NPC version of the Aspect will appear along with Legendary Chests.
- Note: The minions will also reset if you do not clear the spawns fast enough after the Aspect is dead.
- Note: The minions do NOT disappear when the Aspect dies, so it would be wise to clear them out before collecting your rewards.
- Talk to the NPC to receive a 3 use Legendary Key. Loot one of the chests in the room, and then head back to the Vision of Horror (61.6S, 63.2W) to collect your rewards.
Dungeons & Maps
|Rynthid Genesis||62.5S, 65.4W||--||--|
Click image for full size version.
- Opening Dialog
- Vision of Horror tells you, "These are dark hours friend. The new visitors bring an immense capacity for destruction to this land."
- Vision of Horror tells you, "It is imperative that we hold back their onslaught and contain these creatures before they spread across Dereth."
- Vision of Horror tells you, "These Virindi are unlike any you have battled against in the past. Gather your most powerful companions and venture into their newly created habitat."
- Vision of Horror tells you, "Destroy every living thing you come across. These beings will have no mercy as they unleash their fierce magics. You must show no quarter to these invaders."
- Rewards Dialog
- Vision of Horror tells you, "Feeding on your emotions will do the Rynthid little good when they are being massacred by your hand."
- Vision of Horror tells you, "Your courage is unmatched friend. This entire land, not just the Council, owes you a sincere thanks."
- You've earned 750,000,000 experience.
- You've earned 27,500 Luminance.
- You have been awarded the title of Emotional Wreck!
- You have learned the spell Rynthid Recall!
- Aspect of Avarice tells you, "Your greed must be fed and nurtured for your accomplishments this day."
- Aspect of Avarice gives you Legendary Key.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.