June 2010 - Announcements Page
Patch Size: 4,552k (Client: 21,165k)
- Gear Knights added as a playable character race.
- Landscape textures have been improved.
- Landscape distance fog has returned.
- New character slot added.
- New "Slots" option available which displays armor slots rather than the Paper Doll on the Inventory Panel.
- Impious Staff Quest
- Experience reward increased from 1,054,387xp (20% up to level 50) to 10,300,000xp (??% up to level ??).
- With the introduction of Gearcrafting, smelting pots were available outside of this quest. Because of this, it was possible to pick up multiple ores (60 minute timer) and turn in all the slag to Roderick for the full reward. This bug has been fixed.
- Reception Games - All games have now finished.
- Glenden Wood Invasion
- Possible ways of breaking the quest have been fixed.
- 130+ Version main quest experience reward increased from 40,000,000xp (10% up to level 160) to ??
- Fleet Strike Gauntlets turn-in experience reward increased from 20,000,000xp (5% up to level 160) to ??
- 100+ Version main quest experience reward increased from 18,000,000xp (10% up to level 129) to ??
- Swift Strike Gauntlets turn-in experience reward increased from 9,000,000xp (5% up to level 129) to ??
- 80+ Version main quest experience reward increased from 7,000,000xp (10% up to level 101) to ??
- Quick Strike Gauntlets turn-in experience reward increased from 3,500,000xp (5% up to level 101) to ??
- Prince Borelean Strathelar (Arwic)
- The Stranger
- Aleesa Stateler
- Elysa Strathelar Rithwic
- Town Network NPCs
- Barkeep Creighton
- Barkeep Edsel
- Barkeep AmberJill
- Barkeep Hosaam
- Barkeep Jauhar
- Barkeep Devra
- Hanadi the Barkeeper
- Junjie the Barkeeper
- Xiao Hong the Barkeeper
- Barkeeper Benedetta
- Barkeeper Lazzaro
- Barkeeper Rafaele
- Town Network (Portal in each town)
- Abandoned Mine (aka Sub,The Hub) - All town portals destroyed except Underground City.
- Jungle Shadows - All town portals destroyed (North and South Direlands portals unaffected).
- Hidden Valley - Portals to Mayoi and Holtburg destroyed.
- Umbral Hall (Shadow Hub) - All town portals destroyed except Freehold.
- Adventurer's Haven - Town portals destroyed, Town Network portal added.
- Most or all remote or dungeon portals to towns have been destroyed, with noted exceptions of Residential Halls and foundry (nullified statue) exits.
- Wedding Chapel - area near Yanshi is now devoid of all wedding NPCs except the Game Coordinator and Sir Draithon.
- Bur Portal Summoning area - Prince's Medal of Bravery and the chests that contained them have been removed.
- Town Crier tells you, "You might have noticed, but those metal beings are on our side now."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are rumors about that The Queen may be in trouble."
- Town Crier tells you, "A new travel network has been created for all adventurers to use!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Asheron ran into trouble while trying to connect with his fellow Empyreans in portal space, causing many of the portals of Dereth to become unstable."
- Town Crier tells you, "Fortunately he was able to create a new network containing new portals to all of those destinations, and he connected this network to all major towns."
- Town Crier tells you, "It is truly great news! A faction of the Gear Knights have joined with the shadows and we humans. I must say I feel better seeing one of those giant metal beasts and knowing it is an ally."
- Town Crier tells you, "Borelean has been seen in Arwic, whispers say The Queen is in danger and he needs the help of skilled warriors who are strong of mind as well as tough."
Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Gear knights huh? I don't trust anything that doesn't drink ale. Oh they do drink ale? Well then they are fine by me, heck I think I like them better then people already."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I don't know what is going on, no matter how drunk I get today it seems I can see things more clearly. It is really messing with my mind."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ya I heard Elysa was in trouble. Amazing how someone who went down in history as having saved the Isparians from the Olthoi can't manage to take care of herself."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Asheron messed up while messing with portal magic? Who would of guessed that would happen? Oh right probably everyone who is stuck in this forsaken miserable place now called home."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Seriously why doesn't that old man just stop trying to "help" people. Does anyone know how many times his helping has not made things worse? Luckily for him, those ripples in portal space didn't break my containers of ale. If they had, there would be real trouble to deal with."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know it is slightly amusing to see a big ol' gear knight sitting on a tiny bar stool. I was about to make a joke about it when the nice fellow bought me an ale. That's all it took to win me over, good people those gear knights."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It's bad enough that Borelean set himself up in the villa in Arwic that I was planning on moving into. But then to make matters worse, the reward isn't any form of alcohol."Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "If you bother to go help that useless family, ask him why he has such a hate for the most significant invention in all of history. How was that wedding anyways, besides dry?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So last night I got drunk and the world was the wonderful blur it tends to be. Then this morning I awake and the land looks oddly clear. Thinking quickly I grabbed a couple of glasses of ale and drank them down. But much to my surprise the land only got slightly blurry, not the smudged view I had grown so accustomed too. I think I'm losing my mind."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.