You cannot imagine the state of apprehension I find myself in. I write to update you on the latest developments here in Shoushi as well as Holtburg. I have had reports that a farmer living on the outskirts of town had recently been acting extremely strangely-acting genially towards his customers one minute, then shouting and berating them in the next. What's more, he claimed to have come into a large inheritance-which is odd, because everyone in town knows his parents remained in Ispar.
After interviewing the farmer, the bearer of this message found a trap door towards the rear of his house, leading down to a seeminly innocuous cellar. However, a large cache of weapons was found behind a hidden doorway as well as stacks of Guard uniforms.
Now I ask you, Tsaya, how could this farmer store such a large arsenal and obtain these obviously stolen uniforms? There must be breach in our security-above all, I fear for our Queen.
What's more, Sir Rylanan has just sent me a letter of recent events in Holtburg. In my
present nervous state I do not trust myself to summarize his words correctly, so I will add his words below.
I believe we and the citizens of New Aluvia may be in danger, Tsaya. The Queen must be notified at once.
Copy of the letter from Sir Rylanan to Sir Tenshin)
The bearer of this message has done me a great service in Holtburg. I have recently been keeping surveillance on one of the newer citizens of this town-a "reformed" bandit from Marae Lassel claiming to have turned over a new leaf. It appears that this stranger is not as he claimed. A note found in his possession implies that he was employed to transport a cargo of some sort of substance being collected in the depths of Asuger Temple.
The adventurer you see before you penetrated the depths of the temple and found a band of Hollow Minions laboring over a strange device, collecting what looks to be concentrated portal space energy inside emulsified spherules of glass. I cannot fathom the purpose of these spherules-thinking better of performing my own analysis, I have sent the object to the Arcanum for examination. It would be best to get to the heart of this matter without delay.
With regards and congratulations for your
- You give Sir Tenshin Folded Guard's Uniform
- Sir Tenshin tells you, "You say you found this Guard's uniform in a hidden room in the farmer's basement? What's more, he had many of them? And he's stockpiling a large armament as well?
- Sir Tenshin tells you, "How could he have found access to these uniforms? These are the sole property of Her Majesty's Guard--and are dispensed only through our headquarters. They must have been stolen whilst our quartermaster was in his cups...I will alert our Queen of this affair immediately.
- Sir Tenshin tells you, "I believe Dame Tsaya in Yaraq should be alerted to this affair as well. Please take this letter to her--I have included your recent discoveries. I'm sure she will be highly interested to hear of what you have found.
- Sir Tenshin gives you Sir Tenshin's Letter to Dame Tsaya
- Sir Tenshin tells you, "Thank you for your help--here is your reward.
- <Reward varies based on order quest is completed in.>
- Give to Dame Tsaya to continue the quest:
- You give Dame Tsaya Sir Tenshin's Letter to Dame Tsaya.
- Dame Tsaya quickly glances over the letter from her comrade in Shoushi.
- Dame Tsaya tells you, "What a disappointing happenstance. Not only has a farmer been allowed to stockpile an arsenal in his basement, but he is concealing stolen Guards uniforms as well? Tenshin must learn to keep better order than this."
- Dame Tsaya tells you, "Nonetheless, perhaps you could aid me as well. Queen Elysa recently appointed me to lead the garrison here in Yaraq. She was deeply grieved when the 12 Training Halls were destroyed and wants to ensure that no harm will come to her subjects here."
- Dame Tsaya tells you, "To that end, I have a small task for you: We have heard that a newcomer to this town has moved into a villa that has lain abandoned for many years. No one knows where he came from, although it is said he speaks with a Northern accent. Would you stop by his residence, and find out more about him? He lives to the southwest, near Lubziklan al-Luq's apple orchards."
- You give Sir Tenshin Sir Tenshin's Letter to Dame Tsaya.
- Sir Tenshin tells you, "This letter is addressed to Dame Tsaya. You should take it to her in Yaraq."
- Sir Tenshin gives you Sir Tenshin's Letter to Dame Tsaya.
- You give Sir Rylanan Sir Tenshin's Letter to Dame Tsaya.
- Sir Rylanan tells you, "This letter is addressed to Dame Tsaya. You should take it to her in Yaraq."
- Sir Rylanan gives you Sir Tenshin's Letter to Dame Tsaya.