March 2001 - Announcements Page
- Further adventures and quests have been introduced, to challenge even the bravest of souls.
- As if the land wasn't already filled with danger, hideous new invaders stalk Dereth.
- Springtime fashion has arrived, with craftsmen able to turn certain hides into prized trophies.
- The winter snows have receded, heralding the arrival of spring. And yet, a mysterious purplish glow still haunts the nighttime skies.
- Aerfalle's Keep has been updated with some exciting changes. Be careful in there (and make sure you stay by your keyboard at all times).
- A few old monsters now play nicer. . . . Some Wasps and Zefirs have been told to act more like their level. They have promised to obey.
- Undead Hunters
- Mnemosyne Collection Site Archons
- Mnemosyne Collection Site
- Aerfalle Keep - Updated with anti-macro design:
- All creatures in the dungeon, except for the Hellfires and Lag Beasts, are now on event generators. The death of the Watchman will activate the spawn. The death of Aerfalle *OR* the passage of ninety minutes will turn off all generators and empty the dungeon again. You can't macro drain what isn't there.
- There are now powerful Mana Drain hotspots in Aerfalle's Keep exit portal room. Do not enter this area unless you intend to leave.
- The cells in lower Aerfalle's Keep have been changed. Increased the spawn rate of the Umbris from ten to twelve minutes. The big, peaceful Panumbris next door has been removed. Its room is now filled with Mana Drain hotspots.
- Removed many Mana Blight and Dispel traps in the final hallway of Aerfalle's Keep.
- Lady Aerfalle - Casts some new spells (one to five minute debuffs).
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "I've been seeing some really scary Reedsharks around lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin says a Monouga cast a spell at him the other day! He must have been hit in the head or something. Everybody knows Monouga aren't clever enough to cast magic."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have a Pack Virindi! It's so cute!"
- Town Crier tells you, "What are these little green triangles that people are so obsessed with lately?"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin has a really nice new set of boots. They're scaly."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin's been spending a lot of time fighting Wisps lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hey... ever seen a Virindi Doll? Creepiest thing I ever seen. I don't mean the Pack Virindi, either."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! A new portal has appeared west of Samsur... some kind of Mnemosyne Collection Site. What's a Mnemosyne
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Travelers report a new kind of Mu-Miyah, more powerful than the others!"
- Town Crier tells you, "A lot of adventurers are saying that they don't mind fighting Zefirs as much these days."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Virindi are creating even more unnatural servant creatures! When will their madness end? Reports say the latest batch is the creepiest ever!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Travelers in the Direlands report a terrifying new type of Virindi, dressed all in black... I wonder what this could mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! As the seasons change, the hides dropped from monsters acquire different properties, making for different styles of clothing!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! People fighting undead report finding little green triangles on the bodies of their vanquished foes."
- Town Crier tells you, "My friend the expert lockpicker has been spending a lot more time in the Direlands lately!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Have you ever seen a group of Shadow Children playing tag? I like to fire off an Infernae spell at the middle of them and hear the screams."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'd go into the Mines of Despair, but I think I'll have a little more stout first..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I went poking around in Claude's tent the other day, that creepy bugger Leopold, you know what he said to me? He said, "You have no chance to survive, make your time." What's that supposed to mean?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The sun out here must be baking my brain. I think maybe I'll move somewhere shadier soon."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I got some new boots. Scaly, yet comfortable. But don't call them fish boots!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Seen them black-cloaked Executors drifting around? No good can come of this, I say."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Right, then. What'd I tell you? No one believed me... Now, do you see? I was right all along! Applesauce, I said!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Observer in town's actually a reasonable guy. Or entity. Whatever they call themselves."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You talked to the other guys around here? They seen, I don't know, a little dull lately."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "There's a Director somewhere around here who's the cause of all this mess."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I tried talking to that Director around here. Names himself Adirrred. He makes no sense, talking about "privileged self" and posts and structures."
- Ulgrim tells you, "I find that I have acquired a taste for the wine sold by the Barkeep. Would you bring me a glass? Good human."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Just between you, me, and the bottle, human, the theft of the Fragment of Singularity has made some beings angry."
- You give Ulgrim Red Wine.
- Ulgrim tells you, "I'm not entirely convinced the Director and the Observer are communicating properly..."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Thank you, I find this most pleasant. Run along, now."
- Ulgrim tells you, "You know... two of the little flesh things managed to escape to the southeast..."
- Ulgrim tells you, "I saw a human with a sword attack an Executor the other day. The human never stood a chance. Rip, rip, rip, another inert human."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Just don't tell the Observer that I'm drinking this human filth, okay?"
- Ulgrim tells you, "A pity the Dark Walker has been banished. He was most entertaining to watch."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.