August 2000 - Announcements Page
- PK Arenas introduced.
- Lockpicks and potions have received updated icons.
- More wonders of the Empyrean are revealed as new lifestones appear in several places.
- The ambient sound upgrade project continues. Towns now sound more populous. Plus, geese!
- Shadow Armor Quest - Armor can be upgraded with Major Atlan Stones for improved AL and elemental protection.
- Archmage (Female Sho) new locations.
- Archmage (Male Gharu'ndim) new locations.
- Archmage (Male Sho) new locations.
- Blacksmith (Female Aluvian)
- Healer (Lithaenean)
- Healer (Northern Point)
- Jolly Snowman
- Peddler (Baishi Ridge)
- Peddler (Peril's Edge)
- Peddler (Xinh)
- Weaponsmith (Southern Landbridge)
- Acolyte Towers - 88.4S, 10.6W, middle of the Southern Landbridge
- Arena (NPK) - 18.5S, 3.7E, northeast of Yaraq
- Arena (PK) - 17.9S, 3.9E, northeast of Yaraq
- New Lifestones & POI:
- 93.9N, 7.7E - Northern Point Bunkers
- 86.0N, 27.7W - Roaming Bowyer and Lifestone
- 79.2N, 15.6W - Vendor's House
- 55.9N, 52.3W - Beach House
- 54.4N, 38.3W - Vendor Camp
- 29.4N, 52.0W - Peddler's Hut
- 46.0N, 8.0W - Archmage Lifestone
- 71.9N, 38.0E - Bandit Castle Outpost
- 8.8S, 75.2E - Dryreach South Lifestone
- 61.5S, 52.8E - Peddler and Lifestone
- 73.4S, 36.1W - Peddler and Lifestone
- 82.1S, 63.7E - Archmage and Peddler
- 86.5S, 5.4E - Southern Landbridge Tent
- 45.6N, 11.6W - Igloo
- 65.4S, 44.1E - Igloo
- 73.6N, 16.4W - Igloo
- 73.2S, 26.8E - Igloo
- 73.8N, 13.7W - Igloo - Now contains a Snowman NPC
- 57.9S, 40.0E - Sho Buildings - Now has a Lifestone and Peddler.
- Mountain Retreat - A Collector is now found inside the retreat.
- Town Crier Free Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you felt the earth shaking recently? It was volcanic activity that made the ground shake!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you looked up at the night sky lately? I just noticed how pretty it was... I wished on a shooting star!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I need to get a Major Sparking Stone so I can make myself some stylish purple armor."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin found a really nice pair of boots the other day! Much nicer that what he's used to finding, anyway."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Adventurers recently found a way to an abandoned fiery island. The loremasters call it Aerlinthe Island."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The inventive cooks of Dereth have developed some new recipes! Some of them sound really tasty!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Watch Out! I hear the northern forests and mountains are more dangerous these days!"
- Town Crier Pyreal Rumorsx
- Town Crier tells you, "Monsters have changed their migration patterns again. I guess the earthquakes, the eruptions and the rise of more powerful beasts in the Direlands has really confused some of the island's fauna."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Cooks of Dereth have improved their recipes again! Food is much more nourishing than it used to be."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The honored master smiths are still unable to craft armor as strong as it used to be, but there is still hope! Aliester the Loquacious has published a corollary to his treatise on fused gems! Pick one up at the libraries in Hebien-To, Cragstone, or Zaikhal."
- Town Crier tells you, "Those who have sworn to Bael'Zharon and kill their fellow humans are gathering in specially designed dungeons to do battle. I wonder who put those arenas there?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday I found a Velvet Fez of Cooking Mastery! I will become the Sausage King of Dereth!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you,"Oswald was sighted in Hebian-To yesterday!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you,"The strongest bowstrings are made from hoary mattekar guts. Makes bloody big bows, though, so you have to use their horns too."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you,"Asheron killed Elysa Strathelar! I have compromising translated notes that prove it."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you,"Those Lugian boards with nails in are pretty big. But I've seen bigger..."
- Rollout Article
- Release Notes
- State of the Code
- Stormwaltz Comments on the Aerlinthe Quest
- Cooking Contest
- Cooking Contest Results
- Writing Contest
- Writing Contest Results
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.