|Introduced:||Friend and Foe (view version)||Related Quests:||Fort Tethana Tug of War||Updated:||Ashes and Dust (current version)|
In the absence of Commander Jared Kurth, I have assumed command of Fort Tethana. Your terms may sound generous, but the rumors surrounding Commander Kurth's disappearance are very ominous portents for those who join the Viamontian forces. I do not consider your current proposal sufficient to take such a risk with the men under my command. This is not to say that there is no possibility for a future alliance, but you will need to substantially improve your proposal for it to outweigh the possible negatives of an alliance with Sanamar.
- Viamontian Man-at-Arms falls to his knees, stricken by the power of [Player]'s blow. As he falls, you notice a small bit of parchment peeking out from the confines of his pack.
- You give Jin Ghao Tethana's Response.
- Jin Ghao tells you, "So, the King of Sanamar courts Fort Tethana. And they are still receptive, even after what happened to Kurth? Damn them all."
- Jin Ghao tells you, "Take this missive to Lieutenant Commander Margyle. They will show allegiance to their Queen! No further dealings with Varicci are to be tolerated!"
- Jin Ghao tells you, "Go!"
- Jin Ghao gives you The Queen's Missive.
- You allow Arwyth Margyle to examine your Tethana's Response.
- Arwyth Margyle tells you, "I have no regrets towards sending this letter. These are dark days for Fort Tethana. Do not judge me, isolated as we are on this side of Dereth."
- You allow Grand Knight to examine your Tethana's Response.
- Grand Knight tells you, "Damn their arrogance! Do they not recognize the banner of peace when it is held before them? The King does not offer such terms lightly. Lieutenant Commander Margyle would be well-advised to re-think her position."
- The Grand Knight eyes you for a moment, clearly evaluating your usefulness, then seems to come to a decision.
- Grand Knight tells you, "Perhaps you may aid me in this endeavor. I understand there is an emissary of the Queen stationed at Danby's Outpost. This whelp seeks to uncover evidence of the King's designs on Fort Tethana. Give this note to the emissary. Do as he asks. But if Lieutenant Commander Margyle lets slip that Fort Tethana is willing to submit to our rule, deliver that information to me, and not to the Queen's emissary, do you hear me?"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.