May 2001 - Announcements Page
- Fletching and alchemy now have the equivalent of reagent peas!
- Changeable Titles introduced.
- Ambient sound upgrade is now complete. Large and small rivers have been refurbished.
- Other changes:
- Pyreals are now weightless!
- Players are now given the coordinates of their characters' corpses when they die outside.
- Metal armors have improved weight, cost, and elemental protection.
- Stack sizes have been increased to at least 100. For arrows and quarrels, stack sizes are now 250.
User Interface Updates
- Item Enchantment skill icon is now a hammer.
- Casinos - There is now a chance for a Tiny Shard at the casinos in exchange for all 1st generation Pack Dolls.
- Bestower Representative
- Bestower Examiner
- Larry the Rabbit Master
- Danby's Outpost
- Danby's Outpost
- Danby's Outpost Portal
- Desert March Portal
- 1.9N, 41.6E - Larry the Rabbit Master's Farm
- Larry's Garden
- Bunny Master
- Axe Warrior
- Dagger Fighter
- Mace Warrior
- Spear Warrior
- Staff Warrior
- Unarmed Brawler
- War Adept
- Life Adept
- Item Adept
- Creature Adept
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the fletcher does his work a lot more quickly now."
- Town Crier tells you, "A Lugian said the rudest thing to me the other day..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Wow, armor is so nice these days, I may have to ditch this robe and get myself a nice suit of chainmail..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you talked to Larry the Bunny Master yet?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Maybe I'll go and get my title changed to "News Master.""
- Town Crier tells you, "I lost my shirt at a gambling den, and all I have to show for it is a whole lot of Hearty Healing food!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you been to Danby's Outpost yet? A welcome stopover on the way to the Dires..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Due to another odd fluctuation in the ways of magic, most positive spells last longer, and most negative spells go away more quickly. Let's all be very grateful for that, eh?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Money, huh? That didn't lighten your pocket much, did it?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Tradespeople of Dereth have the ability to bundle their fletching supplies and concentrate their alchemy supplies. Hooray for efficiency!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Danbys have opened up a trading post on the northern landbridge leading to the Direlands! They buy and sell goods at very nice rates..."
- Town Crier tells you, "The metalsmiths of Dereth have greatly improved their skills! The suits of armor they produce now are lighter, stronger, more economical, and less likely to cling to your corpse!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Bestowers' Guild has arrived in Dereth! This group of people can change your title if you pass one of their tests of skill!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin got killed in the wilderness the other day. When he woke up at the Lifestone, he had a much clearer idea of where to find his body!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim tells you, "I find that I have acquired a taste for the wine sold by the Barkeep. Would you bring me a glass? Good human."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Just between you, me, and the bottle, human, the theft of the Fragment of Singularity has made some beings angry."
- You give Ulgrim Red Wine.
- Ulgrim tells you, "I'm not entirely convinced the Director and the Observer are communicating properly..."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Thank you, I find this most pleasant. Run along, now."
- Ulgrim tells you, "You know... two of the little flesh things managed to escape to the southeast..."
- Ulgrim tells you, "I saw a human with a sword attack an Executor the other day. The human never stood a chance. Rip, rip, rip, another inert human."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Just don't tell the Observer that I'm drinking this human filth, okay?"
- Ulgrim tells you, "A pity the Dark Walker has been banished. He was most entertaining to watch."
Click image for full size version.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.