|Walkthrough & Notes Dungeons & Maps Rewards Images Dialog Update History|
|The Temple of Hizk Ri|
|Level:||60-79, 80-99, 100|
|Starts At:||Hizk Ri's Temple Entrance at 51.5S, 67.9W|
|Route:||Obsidian Rim portal|
- This is a fellowship quest, if you're not part of a fellowship when attempting to use the Sarcophagus at the end for your rewards, you will not receive anything. So, although this quest is soloable you will need to create a fellowship before starting.
- This quest has three level ranges: 60-80, 80-100, and 100+. The entrance splits into three sections for these ranges. You can only use the Guardian portal at the end of the section appropriate to your level, although you can help other characters reach that Guardian.
Walkthrough & Notes
Part 1: Hizk Ri's Temple
- Pick up the on the southeast corner of the temple.
- Jump down inside the temple and hand the plate to the south pillar to be teleported into the Hizk Ri's Temple Entrance.
- The leader should talk to the Guardian statue and pick up the four plates. Give the plates to the appropriate pillars (as listed below), and then talk to the Guardian again to open a door to the south.
- Go through the open door quickly before it closes.
- Use the Sealed Door appropriate to your level to open it (Left (60-80), Middle (81-100), Right (100+)).
- Use the torch at the end of this dungeon to open a door to a Guardian statue, and use the statue to be teleported to the Well of Tears.
Part 2: Well of Tears
- Talk to the Guardian to enter Hizk Ri's Well of Tears.
- Get the , use it on the Well of Tears to get , and hand that back to the Guardian to be teleported to the Hizk Ri's Test.
Part 3: Hizk Ri's Test
- Now you must jump around the room using platforms and use four eyes to be flagged to enter the next dungeon. There are eyes for each of the three level ranges, and if you use the wrong one you will be teleported to the beginning of the jumps.
- If you fall, jump down the hole to the south. From there, run east to the wall, turn south, then east up the ramp, finally taking west at the split. The rest of the path to the starting platform is linear.
- If you have used an eye and fall, you do not need to return to it and use it again.
- One you complete the test and reach the Strange Device, use it to be teleported to Hizk Ri's Sewers.
Optional Jumping Guide (100+ version)
This series of jumps take you to the SW, NW, NE, and SE eyes, in that order. It works well for a wide range of jumping skills. I'm sure a picture of the route would help.
- Go to the NW corner of the starting platform. 3/4 shift jump NW.
- Move directly east of the eye, and do a full jump west to the eye.
- Move to the north edge, and do a full shift jump north.
- Use this eye. (1)
- Move to the NE corner of the platform and do a full shift jump NE.
- Move to the NE corner of this platform, and do a 3/4 jump NE, aim for the NW corner of the platform that holds the big portal device. (There is a platform that you're likely to hit if you don't aim correctly.)
- Move to the NW corner of the portal platform, and do a 1/2 shift jump west.
- Move directly east of the eye, and do a full shift jump west.
- Use this eye. (2)
- Tap shift jump north.
- Move east, and do a full shift jump east to the portal platform.
- Move to the east side of the portal platform, and do a 1/2 shift jump NE.
- Move directly west of the eye, and do a full shift jump east. (Maybe less than full if your jump skill is high—I've ended up on top of the eye once.)
- Use this eye. (3)
- Tap shift SW.
- Move to the SE corner, and do a full shift SE to the platform near the wall.
- Move southeast, and do a full shift jump south toward the eye.
- Use this eye. (4)
- Move north, and do a full shift jump north.
- Move to the NW part of this platform, and do a 1/3 shift jump west.
- Do a 1/2 shift jump north.
- Move to the west edge, and do a full shift jump west to the portal platform.
- That's it, use the portal!
Part 4: Hizk Ri's Sewers
- Fight your way through Burun to a large room.
- Use the lever to open the door to the Guardian statue.
- Use the statue to be teleported to the Patriarch Zixki dungeon.
Part 5: Patriarch Zixki & Sarcophagus of the High Matriarch
- Once inside, do not cast on the creatures or go any closer until you are ready to fight. The final fight is against eight Tormented Patriarches and Zixki.
- There are eight cells around the room. During the fight, Zixki will randomly teleport players to one of these cells. When this happens, either someone in the main room can open the door, or else the locked up player can use the torch to open the inner door, kill the Tormented Patriarch, and loot A Worn Prison Master's Key to use on the cell door. Contrary to the notes on the map, the hallways do not do any damage.
- Once Zixki is dead, run through the door that opens on the north wall (opens for 15 seconds), and use the Guardian to be teleported into the reward room, Hizk Ri's Crypt.
- Use the Sarcophagus of High Matriarch, Hizk Ri to get Ancient Armored Gauntlets and Ancient Armored Long Boots.
- Use one of the other items to get your choice of reward.
Dungeons & Maps
|Hizk Ri's Temple Entrance||51.5S, 67.9W||--||5C4C|
|Hizk Ri's Well of Tears||From Hizk Ri's Temple Entrance||--||5C4F|
|Hizk Ri's Test||From Hizk Ri's Well of Tears||--||5F4B|
|Hizk Ri's Sewers||From Hizk Ri's Test||--||5F4E|
|Consort Hezhit||From Hizk Ri's Sewers (level 80-99 section)||--||5F51|
|Patriarch Zixki||From Hizk Ri's Sewers (level 100 section)||--||5F51|
|Hizk Ri's Crypt||From Patriarch Zixki||--||5C4C|
|Complete low level quest|
|Complete mid level quest|
|Complete high level quest|
|Additional reward (1)|
Click image for full size version.
- Finn Skigg
- Finn Skigg tells you, "Good day! I see that you're an adventurous sort. So am I, my dear friend! I must admit that I have been in better spirits than I am at the moment, but the sight of another adventurer has caused a smile to spread across my face."
- Finn Skigg tells you, "You see, I have just finished a jaunt across and all around Dererth. I managed to make the walk in about eighty days. I've only recently settled here in the pleasantly arid air of Candeth Keep. I had a particularly nasty run-in with some foul undead near the southern entrance of the Valley of Death."
- Finn Skigg tells you,"While making my way into a valley, I was accosted by these foul looking undead beasts. They gave me such a fright that I lost a collection of rare plates I'd received from Baron Eli von Schreft back on Ispar. They're priceless, and I would certainly be pleased if someone were to bring them back to me. If you find them, please bring them here."
- Hizk Ri's Temple Entrance Guardian
- Guardian tells you, "You have entered the halls of Hizk Ri, the Matron of Pain. Your presence is unwelcome. You have distrubed a perfect order that has existed for eons. What right have you to enter these halls, cur?"
- Guardian tells you, "Do not answer. Your presence marks a return of the ancient ways. You shall be tested and if not found wanting, you shall find your way to the seat of the Matron's power and wake her from her slumber."
- Guardian tells you, "I pray that you fail, for power such as Hizk Ri's should never be loosed upon the world. We have suffered for millennia under her cruel wiles."
- Guardian tells you, "The pillars scattered about the room are devoted to the bodies that hang in the sky above. A riddle seals their secret and bars entrance to the halls beyond. I shall issue this riddle after this final warning: return to me for judgment only when the riddle is solved. If you fail to do so you will be struck dead where you stand. If you return to me with only half the puzzle solved you will be struck dead where you stand. You have been warned."
- Guardian tells you, "The riddle is as follows: Au, the light of this world, hangs in the east, opposed to star of portent. To the north, the moon run red with blood watches it's twin in the south. Prove your worth, or die trying."
- Guardian tells you, "You may advance through the halls of Hizk Ri, Matron of Pain. Be warned, you dwell amongst the hopeless and cruel."
- Sealed Door to the Well of Tears
- Sealed Door tells you, "You are suited for the halls beyond, the restless dead herein will provide a fair challenge to you and those like you. Any beings weaker than you will not be permitted beyond the second guardian, though they may assist you through this corridor. Such assistance would prove you too weak to live."
- Hizk Ri's Well of Tears Guardian
- Guardian tells you, "Within this well the wayward sister of Hizk Ri was cast beneath the world and bound by vile arts to suffer for all eternity. The restless souls, the make this place their home, have tormented the woman's soul since its imprisonment here."
- Guardian tells you, "If you wish to meet Hizk Ri you shall need to garner her sister's tears for me. You will need to collect them in an ancient philter, lost somewhere in this crypt. Collect them from the well and return them to me and I shall then let you pass. Go now and return to me only when you can hand me the phial of bloody tears."
- Handing in A Phial of Bloody Tears
- You give Guardian A Phial of Bloody Tears.
- Guardian tells you, "You have pleased me. I will sup upon the tears of her soul this night and be sated for a time. Prepare for your reward."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.