February 2009 - Announcements Page
- Summoning Tthuun now a fixed quest.
- Portal Space Research
- Crystalline Adventurer
- Crystalline Killer
- Crystalline Markers
- Crystalline Bound Wisp
- Radiant Mana Infusion Quest
- Summoning T'thuun
- Tanada House of Fire Quest
- Clutch of Kings - Each Burun King quest now gives a single use Mana Forge Key in addition to existing rewards (ONLY for players 125+).
- Note: An additional single use Mana Forge Key is granted upon the completion of all 6 King's Quests.
- Monthly Game Hunter - New lists of creatures to track.
- Dereth Exploration - Ten new locations and a new title.
- Sword of Lost Light Quest - Able to upgrade significantly (see quests above).
- Summoning T'thuun - collect the three Summoning Rituals from the pyramids and talk to Captain Tulmada to start the summoning, including Eastham portal.
- Tactical Defense Game has many alterations:
- General layout of the towers altered (map now reflects changes on quest page).
- Ring Towers Removed.
- Trap Towers now cast harms rather than fire Pyramids.
- Uber Towers now fire Spectral Bolts rather than lasers.
- Mini Martine is now killable.
- The end of the map has been extended into the wall to fix the bug where monsters were counted too early.
- Players can no longer use leftover tokens to help out the next person playing the game.
- The timer for playing again was removed (the NPC will first ask if anyone else wants to play and if no one starts a game he allows you to immediately go again).
- It was confirmed that the game can be won in its current form
- T'Thuun's Marauders - the pyramids in Patriarch's valley can be entered to collect invoking stones from the raid creatures therein.
- North pyramid has invoking stones from Arwic, Isle of Tears, Festival stone of Midsong and Mount Esper.
- East pyramid has invoking stones from Mayoi, Silyun, Candeth Keep and Southern Osteth Menhir Ring.
- West pyramid has invoking stones from Ayan Baqur, Colier, Asheron's Island and Tou Tou.
- Give the Royal guard at the drop of the Patriarch's valley 30 stones (he takes all that you have) for your reward.
- Previously the Emissary in Eastham would not reward you no matter how many invoking stones you had collected and turned in. Speak to a Royal Scout (possibly only the Royal Scout at 58.5N 10.3W near the Patriarch's Valley?) for your belated reward:
- Aug Gem: Sir Bellas - The timer on picking up a Blank Augmentation Gems has been lowered to 21 days down from 27 days. This way it matches the timers on the Eater Jaws.
- The timers on the Society Lord tasks has been lowered to 6 days down from 6 days and 23 hours. Now it matches the timers on the other Society Quests.
- Supreme Tactician
- Tactical Defense Score Keeper
- Tyrina of Arwic (Replaced Kitana Oazaka)
- Tanada Sajo
- Tanada Han-Tu
- Tanada Ganza
- Tanada Hido
- Tanada Shouka
- Bound Wisp
- Tokashi Ando
- Archmage Malak ibn Hern
- Barkeep Rubin
- Bowyer Ali ibn Mahir
- Grocer Khamal al-Rachard
- Jeweler Jurraf al-Djiqidh
- Jinmi al-Evv
- Marcus Manfried
- Smith Aisha bint Karal
- Wren the Curious
- Chamber of Scrolls
- Crystalline Crag
- Dark Isle Sclavus Temples
- Resonant Portal
- Sclavus Tunnels
- - Major Focus added (Dual now).
- - Major Quickness added (Dual now).
- - Major Frost Ward added.
- - Major Fire Ward added (Dual now).
- Ancient Magma Golem
- Black Coral Golem
- Black Coral Golem Viceroy
- Blighted Coral Golem
- Blighted Coral Golem Viceroy
- Aggregate Crystalline Wisp
- Corroding Crystalline Wisp
- Crystalline Wisp
- Incalescent Crystalline Wisp
- Shivering Crystalline Wisp
- Voltaic Crystalline Wisp
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard that the exclusive vendors in the Graveyard, the Colosseum, and the Olthoi-infested lands have new items in stock. Books, I'm told. Very interesting books..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! A strange crystalline formation has pushed out of the ground in the mountains of the mid-north Direlands. I wonder what it could mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Scouts report a new town has appeared on top of a plateau in the desert ridges between Samsur and Tufa! But there seems to be something strange about the locals..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Sounds like all the investigations around those pyramids up in the north have finally led to something."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that the game hunter Rand has tagged a new set of Derethian beasts to challenge the skills of the island's keenest hunters."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Explorers' Society has marked another set of locations around Dereth! See which ones you can find!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that the Sclavus have built a fortress on the Dark Isle, and volatile substances can be found in the tunnels beneath."
- Town Crier tells you, "A member of the Tanada clan of Nanjou Shou-jen has appeared in Hebian-To, asking for assistance! Unfortunately, she only seems to trust people who raided the Temple of Black Waters on the Tanada's behalf."
- Town Crier tells you, "A way into those hovering pyramids has been found. It turns out all of those creatures who invaded our towns are in there working on those colored stones they were after. But be careful, most of those who ventured inside have not returned."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about the Tanada clan member setting up in Hebian-To and recruiting past allies? I guess the Tanada haven't finished all their housecleaning, even with Aerbax in retreat."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Explorers' Society has marked a new set of locations around Dereth. Seek out Sean the Speedy in Holtburg if you are interested."
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm ever so curious about the new books you can find at the exclusive currency vendors of the Colosseum, the Graveyard, and the Olthoi-infested northlands. They're supposed to be real handy for mages."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you have the time and the inclination, stop by Holtburg and see what kind of wild beasts Rand has tagged for hunters this time. I don't think he's interested in the same creatures any more."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about the mysterious crystalline crag? It's in the rolling mountains in the mid-north Direlands. There appear to be some bizarre new forms of wisp out there."
- Town Crier tells you, "Scouts have reported an interesting new substance found in the tunnels beneath the new Sclavus settlement in the Dark Isle. They say it has properties similar to those old Volcano Infusions..."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard interesting reports of a town that mysteriously just appeared atop a portal in the A'mun desert, somewhere between Samsur and Tufa. Apparently there is a scholar named Marcus conducting some unorthodox magical research out there."
Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Well, I suppose I could tell you just what's going on with this crystalline crag that came out of the Direlands. But I'm a little too thirsty to get into it."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That was a hint, kid. Get me a stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Marcus? Oh, that old fool who's stuck in Mar'uun? No, wait, I don't even know who you're talking about. I haven't met this Marcus. Not yet, anyway."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The pyramids? I thought we had taken care of all that T'thuun business. And by we, I mean me, single-handedly of course, like every other threat that shows up around here."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, good. Rand's changed the list of creatures he wants people to hunt. I was pretty tired of hunting all those adolescent Gromnies. They make terrible sausages. Takes a whole stout to wash one down."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yep, I know Tanada Sajo, that nice masked girl who showed up in Hebian-To. Knew her parents. They raised her to be very polite. To this day she still says 'Excuse me' when she slits the throat of an enemy of her clan.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So let me get this straight. These strange unidentified pyramids show up and start flying around the landscape. Now you want to be portaled up into one of them to investigate? You're not familiar with the term 'probed' are you."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I knew the Tanada weren't out of the woods yet. I know they're supposed to be the virtuous assassins and all, but it's kinda funny how easily corrupted a ninja clan can be. There's an old saying... Gaze not into the Abyss, for ye will see nothing, and hurt your eyes. Wait, is that how it goes?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Old Marcus from Mar'uun came to me for help with his magic studies once. I played a joke on him and fed him a little misinformation. Just a harmless little prank. How much can go wrong?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh I already hit all those new points the Explorers' Society marked off. A walk in the park. Well, not really, because we don't actually have any parks. But a park would be a good landmark to tag. If we had any."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yep, I went down to the Colosseum to get one of those new books they're offering. High quality spellcasting tomes. Very stylish, too. Now if I only had a bell and a candle to go with my book, I could take care of Claude once and for all."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, those servants of T'thuun are still kicking around making trouble, are they? Well, they better not threaten my stout supply again, or I'll smack 'em around worse than I did their master."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I can tell you exactly what's bubbling underneath that walled fortress the Sclavus put up on the Dark Isle. Caverns, dark and dangerous, filled with hissing snakemen. Oh, and a surprisingly nice winery. Lovely chardonnay they serve there. That is, if I was the sort of person to drink chardonnay."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "What do you mean, you've never heard of chardonnay?"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.