The Spawn Distribution in the Valley of Death makes this area is an uber (white) zone aimed at characters level 100 and above.
Home of the Tremendous Monouga, the Valley of Death (VoD) is located in the heart of the Direlands north of the Obsidian Plains. The area is very difficult to navigate due to the closely spaced ridges. Bounded roughly between 55W and 75W, and 30S and 45S.
During the The Slumbering Giant event, the valley was updated with special high level creatures that are both high in xp and health points and drop Granite Keys and Marble Keys that open loot chests that randomly spawn in VoD. The keys are givable and must be made usable first with lockpick skill.
There are also statues called Shadowy Statue of the Hopeslayer. These statues can appear where creatures normally spawn. Use the statue to spawn two Void Knights and 2 Raven Augurs. When killed, these have a chance of dropping a Small Shadow Statue of the Hopeslayer. Collect three and turn them in to Sarkin Killcrane in Wai Jhou for experience.
- Obsidian Rim Portals drop you at a Lifestone on the southern edge of VoD. This portal is found at the Singularity Caul drop point and also at the Northwest Direlands Portal drop point.
- There is also a Direlands Valleys Portal southeast of the Obsidian Plains at 74.1S, 52.4W next to a Lifestone.
- In addition, there is a retired portal that some people still have a tie to and can summon that drops deep in VoD at 36.7S 66.2W. Unlike other summoned portals, when you tie to a summoned VoD portal, you may then re-summon it.
- Map available at ACMaps.com
- Fallen Creature Kill Task
- K'nath An'dras Kill Task
- Shadow-touched Virindi Paradox Kill Task
- Shadow-touched Virindi Quidiox Kill Task
- Virindi Paradox Kill Task
- Virindi Quidiox Kill Task
|Hidden Cavern||37.9S, 65.5W||--||5F48||Hidden Cavern Quest|
|Mukkir Infested Black Spear Temple||37.2S, 67.0W||0076.gif||--||Mukkir Aspect of Grael Quest|