"Xarabydun, founded in 11 PY, is the headquarters of the Arcanum - a group of scholars, alchemists, and mages who conduct research for the betterment of Dereth. The first human settlement here was below ground, in the Yalaini grottos of Laeraa. Deep inside, Arcanum scholars discovered one of the Seaborne Empire's archives, filled with thousands of Empyrean tomes. These tomes have been the source of many of our advancements throughout the years. In 13 PY, the Arcanum built research facilities on the surface, and many of their finest alchemists, tinkerers, and mages may be found here." --Town Network Sign
- Xarbydun was an ancient Empyrean ruin which the Arcanum discovered during the Hollow Victory event. It used to be completely underground, only accessible via portal by those level 25 and under.
- In Hidden Vein, the Arcanum Consortium was built above ground from Xarabydun, with NPCs there for various interaction in the Nuhmudira's Boon, Isparian Arms, and Bronze Statues quests.
- In Festivus, Ulgrim the Unpleasant wanted to sample the brew in Xarabydun's bar, so, logically, he destroyed the portal and dug a tunnel down to the town. And thus it's level restriction was removed. With various updates to the Harbinger and other quests the Arcanum Consortium has seen more updates.
- In Evolution, a new vendor arrived selling directions and ingredients for making Alchemical Throwing Phials.
For the underground section of Xarabydun see: Map available at ACMaps.com
- Portal gems to Xarabydun can be purchased in the mage shops of the original 9 starter towns, as well as the Master Mages.
|Town Network||Gharu'ndim (West)||Xarabydun||41.9S, 16.1E||None|
|Xarabydun||41.9S, 15.8E||Town Network||--||None|
|Xarabydun||41.9S, 16.2E||Xarabydun Lifestone||41.9S, 16.2E||1 - 25|
|Xarabydun||Sewer Area||Xarabydun||41.9S, 16.1E (surface)||None|
Points of Interest
- Small Creepy Statue - 41.8S, 15.9E
- Xarabydun Lifestone Portal (underground)
|Uninhabited Area||41.9S, 16.2E||--||02D2|
|Lightless Tunnels||41.9S, 16.2E||--||02C6|
|Archmage Zarri ibn Khaybi||41.9S, 16.2E||Shopkeeper||Magical supplies|
|Barkeep Anarn||41.9S, 16.2E||Shopkeeper||Food and drink|
|Farmer Khurah al-Rujarkir||41.9S, 16.2E||Shopkeeper||Basic supplies|
|Fazyad ibn Raymar||41.9S, 16.2E||Collector||Collects rat tails|
|Jeweler Jurraf al-Djiqidh||41.9S, 16.2E||Shopkeeper||Gems, jewelry and tools|
|Bowyer Hanra ibn Zarib||41.9S, 16.2E||Shopkeeper||Archer supplies|
|Sifida bint Naril the Scribe||41.9S, 16.2E||Shopkeeper||Books and parchment|
|Smith Ashaira bint Maisa||41.9S, 16.2E||Shopkeeper||Armor and weapons|
|Town Crier||41.9S, 16.2E||Herald||Provides rumors for free and for pyreal|
Creatures found within Xarabydun.
Creatures that are commonly found in the area surrounding Xarabydun.